New Flower update

Options
New Flower
New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good morning dear sisters,
On Monday I have started lymphedema treatment at St. Joseph Hospital in Orange.The only available spot was during lunch time. I will have early lunch, then going to treatments, then back to work. I do not know if I can tolerate it , but I am going to try. If you do not see me around for the next 3 weeks, I am with my Dear Lymphedema, which keep me very busy and dedicated for the past 18 months. I will be checking my PM so feel free to write me any time. My best picture could be on RE expression page.
You all will be in my thoughts.
Love,
New Flower

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    New Flower you amaze me, your dedication to keep your lymphedema in check is most certainly admirable. Meeting you and seeing you stretching (farther than I could even hope to) was impressive. Be kind to yourself as I am sure it will ease a bit with time. You are a dear and I am so pleased to have met you in person.

Hugs,

RE
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
    Dear New Flower,
    Glad to hear you started your Lymphedema treatment. It sounds like you have a very packed schedule. Make sure you get your rest and put aside some time to have a little fun too.I completed my LE treatment for now; everything is pretty much under control. I have several compression sleeves and have decided to make them a fashion accessory instead of trying to disguise them by wearing flowing cardigans etc. Waiting for the new Fall colors to come out in Sept. I order them on line since having the original measurements by the fitter. I do the stretching and of course the Manual drainage I was taught by my PT/OT. Some days the LE behaves and on others, it builds up some in the trunk and breast.Hot humid weather is the pits with LE. I end up taking MLD breaks at work to massage away the accumulated fluid. Usually that and elevating my arm is effective. I am off for a few days to RI hoping hurricane Earl decides to slide off into the ocean instead of traveling up the East Coast.
    Thinking of you and sending you hugs.
    K
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Best wishes that your
    Best wishes that your treatments work well for you. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I just want to say that New
    I just want to say that New Flower as a username suits you so perfectly! You are so delicate and petite~ full of life and beauty! Thought you should know that! I am sorry that we didn't get more time to talk on Saturday...as I said "when I rule the world" (yeah right!)all restaurants will have ROUND tables so that we don't look like part of the crowd at the Last Supper! So much easier to socialize and get to know one another at a round table.
    You will be in our thoughts and best wishe,and I will PM you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    New Flower... it was
    New Flower... it was wonderful meeting you at the luncheon. I wish you well with your lymphedema treatments. Take care.
    BL
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

New Flower... it was
    New Flower... it was wonderful meeting you at the luncheon. I wish you well with your lymphedema treatments. Take care.
    BL

Take good care of yourself
    Unfortunately I only got to meet you, not talk with you, but still, it's nice to know what you look like when I see your postings. You looked so pretty and graceful and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this lymphedema situation.

Keep us posted on how it's going, okay?

xo
    Victoria
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Take good care of yourself
    Unfortunately I only got to meet you, not talk with you, but still, it's nice to know what you look like when I see your postings. You looked so pretty and graceful and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this lymphedema situation.

Keep us posted on how it's going, okay?

xo
    Victoria

New Flower, you little
    New Flower, you little sweetie! I hate to read of your lymphedema, but, it looks like you are getting some help and I hope it works for you!

I will miss you as everyone else will, but, I know you will still be around some.

You are a beauty! I loved seeing all of the pictures of everyone!

Try not to work too hard and get lots of rest. Keep us updated on how you are doing!

Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

New Flower, you little
    New Flower, you little sweetie! I hate to read of your lymphedema, but, it looks like you are getting some help and I hope it works for you!

I will miss you as everyone else will, but, I know you will still be around some.

You are a beauty! I loved seeing all of the pictures of everyone!

Try not to work too hard and get lots of rest. Keep us updated on how you are doing!

Sue :)

Hoping your treatments help
    Hoping your treatments help your lymphedema.

Hugs, Debby
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    New Flower
    I hope treatments work for your lymphodema. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I just want to say that New
    I just want to say that New Flower as a username suits you so perfectly! You are so delicate and petite~ full of life and beauty! Thought you should know that! I am sorry that we didn't get more time to talk on Saturday...as I said "when I rule the world" (yeah right!)all restaurants will have ROUND tables so that we don't look like part of the crowd at the Last Supper! So much easier to socialize and get to know one another at a round table.
    You will be in our thoughts and best wishe,and I will PM you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Ahem.
    Chen, I must disagree with your comparison:

1) ALL of us at the raucous luncheon on Saturday are prettier than the gentlemen at the Last Supper, and

2) MOST of them have longer hair than most of us!

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Ahem.
    Chen, I must disagree with your comparison:

1) ALL of us at the raucous luncheon on Saturday are prettier than the gentlemen at the Last Supper, and

2) MOST of them have longer hair than most of us!

:-) Traci

I never said they looked
    I never said they looked better than us~ that WE are prettier was a given!! I would know, I was the hostess at the Last Supper, and let me tell you, those men had opinions on absolutely EVERYTHING! Some were more vocal, one was even doubtful, but they were not particularly well-behaved...one of them even left before the ceremonial passing of the bread and wine! Lamb, bitter greens and then BAM~ he was outta there! No manners whatsoever. I read later he got hung up, but ya know, I'm just saying!

The hair...on that point I will also concede!

Thanks for the giggles~ hi and hugs to you and Trace!

Chen♥
  • New Flower
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

New Flower
    I hope treatments work for your lymphodema. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char

Thank you
    so much for your compliments and good wishes, which I am accepting with a great pride. Your kind words made me smile and feel very emotional. You sisters made my day!
    My Lymphedema, who is very stubborn phenomena (probably not a lady at all), will be treated every day. My body has been missing those 21 lymph nodes, which were removed 2 years ago and could not forget 40 radiations. I have been assured by therapists that we will win.
    I spoke wit my manager and he is OK with 1,5 hour lunch for treatments and 1 hour staying late to finish my work.
    Thanks again and hugs,
    New Flower
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thank you
    so much for your compliments and good wishes, which I am accepting with a great pride. Your kind words made me smile and feel very emotional. You sisters made my day!
    My Lymphedema, who is very stubborn phenomena (probably not a lady at all), will be treated every day. My body has been missing those 21 lymph nodes, which were removed 2 years ago and could not forget 40 radiations. I have been assured by therapists that we will win.
    I spoke wit my manager and he is OK with 1,5 hour lunch for treatments and 1 hour staying late to finish my work.
    Thanks again and hugs,
    New Flower

oh my dear friend, New Flower -- our road is not an
    easy one - You are a winner, along with your therapists and inner strength you will win this battle - as well!

I will be thinking and praying for you.

Vicki Sam
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    New Flower
    Chen had it right, your name suits you! It was nice chatting with you on Saturday, and I did see you doing your exercises to fight that bad old Mr Lymphedema! I can only say with your type of dedication, it will work. But remember to take some time for yourself too!
    Traci, is Trace holding the picture of me for some type of ransom? Do tell! lol
    Cat
  • New Flower
    Options
    cats_toy said:

New Flower
    Chen had it right, your name suits you! It was nice chatting with you on Saturday, and I did see you doing your exercises to fight that bad old Mr Lymphedema! I can only say with your type of dedication, it will work. But remember to take some time for yourself too!
    Traci, is Trace holding the picture of me for some type of ransom? Do tell! lol
    Cat

Cat & Vicki
    Thanks. It was nice to chat to you as well. I hope with my dedication I will meet everyones expectations. I promise to take care of myself.
    Tomorrow I will have a meeting at 8:00. I hate 8:o'clock meetings.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Options
    xxoo
    Hang in there and come back to us!!
    xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    New flower, good luck with
    New flower, good luck with your treatments. They are not so bad. Actually it felt really good after I went to my lymphadema treatments. The progress was really slow though.
    so hang in there even if you at first cant tell if its working or not.

Lupe