I am back !!!!!!

Options
Menda
Menda Member Posts: 128
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Needed to take a break from the board for awhile. My prayers have continued and you have stayed in my thoughts. I am doing great, still dancing with NED :). We are still trying to avoid a skin graft but so far so good. I am just going to have some interesting scarring. On a much lighter note I must share this with you. I got prmission to wear a tube bra for four hours. I was sooo excited to get out of my compression sports bra. Bought a beautiful new dress to wear to girls night out. Spent hours on the makeup and felt wonderful like a girl should. I was walking down the hall and felt this thing on my waist. Well I started screaming and slapping to kill it........ Then realized it was the tube bra that had wiggled itself down. I have no feelings in my breasts. So back to the bathroom and pulled out the safety pins I used with the drains and secured that bug. I was then late and frazzled but I made it and had a good hard laugh with my girlfriends. After everything we have all been through life continues. It feels great to be back. Love you all!

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    It's good to see you here again!
    I just got a visual of that and was laughing because of how one reacts when they think there's a bug or something crawling on them. I'm sure we've ALL done the "slapping & screaming" dance at one time or another. I always crack up at myself afterwards.

And you are so right, even in the midst of cancer, we still have to contend with all the things life brings.

I'm so gald you had a great time!

Hugs and blessings,

Sylvia
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Glad your back Menda!
    I see

Glad your back Menda!
    I see your doing two different kinds of dances....lol!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Glad to see you back, hope
    Glad to see you back, hope things continue to go well. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Menda,
    Hope things continue to go well for you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Menda,
    Hope things continue to go well for you.

Menda .. I know the feeling, about no feeling in
    our breast region .. I laughed so hard, I wet myself! Early here in California - no coffee - but well worth the wet panties! You see these things happen to me as well -

So happy that you are here with us, again. We have missed you!

Vicki Sam
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Menda .. I know the feeling, about no feeling in
    our breast region .. I laughed so hard, I wet myself! Early here in California - no coffee - but well worth the wet panties! You see these things happen to me as well -

So happy that you are here with us, again. We have missed you!

Vicki Sam

You gotta see the humor in as much as you can!
    That is too funny, Menda. Sounds like something I would do. I still have some numbness as well--but some feeling is coming back. However, it's pins and needles--I'm wishing for the numbness again!

Glad to hear from you again!

Hugs, Renee
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

It's good to see you here again!
    I just got a visual of that and was laughing because of how one reacts when they think there's a bug or something crawling on them. I'm sure we've ALL done the "slapping & screaming" dance at one time or another. I always crack up at myself afterwards.

And you are so right, even in the midst of cancer, we still have to contend with all the things life brings.

I'm so gald you had a great time!

Hugs and blessings,

Sylvia

Welcome back Menda! I
    Welcome back Menda! I started laughing out loud the more I read your post. Sorry, but it is funny.

Glad you still went and had a good time!

Hugs, Debby
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Welcome back
    Menda. Glad to hear things are going well and hope they continue to.
    Char