So, they may not be dancing with NED

Options
cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
but DWTS just started to announce who's competing this season. They only did the ladies so far and can you believe it - Crystal Palin?????? Give me a break. I've watched this program since it started and sometimes they really stretch far to have a full house. It will be interesting to see who the guys are! Just felt like venting. I'm blowing off steam as I have 2nd chemo tomorrow and haven't been sleeping too well.....
Char

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    should be interesting. I
    should be interesting. I dont always watch it, but I must say it got me through chemo. My routines were important to me.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    As popular as it is, I have
    As popular as it is, I have to admit I have NEVER watched DWTS~ but then again, I have never watched American Idol or Survivor, anyone with multiple kids, or any second of any Housewives, no matter where they hail from ( including the Desperate ones!) But, I agree, while watching GMA this morning, and seeing Crystal Palin, I thought , whaaaaat? Now a "star" is the teenage single mom? Are you kidding me??? Even if I had a modicum of respect for her moose shooting mom ~ (which I don't, but this isn't a politcal platform, so I won't even go there!) I have no idea at all how she was considered, much less chosen! We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed! LOL

Ok, time for me to get back to any and every incarnation of Law and Order~especially Goren and Eames! Now that's good TV! :-)

HUgs,
    Chen♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    chenheart said:

As popular as it is, I have to admit I have NEVER watched DWTS~ but then again, I have never watched American Idol or Survivor, anyone with multiple kids, or any second of any Housewives, no matter where they hail from ( including the Desperate ones!) But, I agree, while watching GMA this morning, and seeing Crystal Palin, I thought , whaaaaat? Now a "star" is the teenage single mom? Are you kidding me??? Even if I had a modicum of respect for her moose shooting mom ~ (which I don't, but this isn't a politcal platform, so I won't even go there!) I have no idea at all how she was considered, much less chosen! We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed! LOL

Ok, time for me to get back to any and every incarnation of Law and Order~especially Goren and Eames! Now that's good TV! :-)

HUgs,
    Chen♥

I love Dancing with the
    I love Dancing with the Stars. Hubby watches it with me, but, only because he loves me! :)

I hate the cast! There is no one on there that is even interesting.

Well, that Fox dude is kind of hot, kind of! LOL

Good luck Char,

Megan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

I love Dancing with the
    I love Dancing with the Stars. Hubby watches it with me, but, only because he loves me! :)

I hate the cast! There is no one on there that is even interesting.

Well, that Fox dude is kind of hot, kind of! LOL

Good luck Char,

Megan

I think it is silly to have
    I think it is silly to have a teenage mom on DWTS. Her only claim to fame is her mom. I think also, her name is Bristol not Crystal. I do watch DWTS but this lineup doesn't really interest me either. Oh and my guy watches with me also (love not true interest). LOL
    Stef
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options
    fauxma said:

I think it is silly to have a teenage mom on DWTS. Her only claim to fame is her mom. I think also, her name is Bristol not Crystal. I do watch DWTS but this lineup doesn't really interest me either. Oh and my guy watches with me also (love not true interest). LOL
    Stef

Always Say
    I always say I won't watch the show due to the cast and then I get suckered in. USA Today this morning had the complete cast list. They said that Jennifer Grey from the movie Dirty Dancing had had two fairly recent surgeries for thyroid cancer - I think I'll root for her to win!

Happy watching to all, Sally
  • chenheart
    Options
    fauxma said:

Stef

Thanks, Stef! As soon as I
    Thanks, Stef! As soon as I saw Bristol, I knew I was wrong about saying her name is Crystal! See how much I pay attention to "that family?" LOL I can spell the Obama kids names! Uh oh! Dipping my foot in political waters again! HAHAHAHA!

I guess I have just never cared if anyone can sing ( Idol) or dance (DWTS) or not.....

And Reggie would rather have a root canal without anesthesia done by a chimpanzee than watch any of those shows! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, Stef! As soon as I
    Thanks, Stef! As soon as I saw Bristol, I knew I was wrong about saying her name is Crystal! See how much I pay attention to "that family?" LOL I can spell the Obama kids names! Uh oh! Dipping my foot in political waters again! HAHAHAHA!

I guess I have just never cared if anyone can sing ( Idol) or dance (DWTS) or not.....

And Reggie would rather have a root canal without anesthesia done by a chimpanzee than watch any of those shows! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I never thought my husband
    I never thought my husband would watch the show with me, but, he said next to me is the only place he wanted to be, so, he watches too. :)

This season doesn't look good, but, I have said that before. And, I would rather see a monkey in the White House than what is roosting there now.

Enjoy the season of Dancing!

Hugs, Jan
  • chenheart
    Options

I never thought my husband
    I never thought my husband would watch the show with me, but, he said next to me is the only place he wanted to be, so, he watches too. :)

This season doesn't look good, but, I have said that before. And, I would rather see a monkey in the White House than what is roosting there now.

Enjoy the season of Dancing!

Hugs, Jan

Well, of course we watch all
    Well, of course we watch all episodes of Law and Order, The Closer, Medium and Criminal Minds! See where my brain goes? LOL Couldn't care any less about who may sing or dance~ but serieal killers? Oh yeah~ any day! LOL LOL Reggie and I part company on sports though~ I cannot stand football for even one second, and he can't stand my NY Yankees! LOL

I am not "going there" with politics...Reggie and I went to the inaguration so you already know where my heart is! He's just not mean and deceptive enough to do this job. Sigh~ I was hopeful nice would win out over treachery, but so far, the bad guys have the upper hand. :-(

Ok! NO more politcal ramblings from me, I promise! Otherwise I will be reprimanded and have to find another discussion baord, and I would HATE that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Well, of course we watch all episodes of Law and Order, The Closer, Medium and Criminal Minds! See where my brain goes? LOL Couldn't care any less about who may sing or dance~ but serieal killers? Oh yeah~ any day! LOL LOL Reggie and I part company on sports though~ I cannot stand football for even one second, and he can't stand my NY Yankees! LOL

I am not "going there" with politics...Reggie and I went to the inaguration so you already know where my heart is! He's just not mean and deceptive enough to do this job. Sigh~ I was hopeful nice would win out over treachery, but so far, the bad guys have the upper hand. :-(

Ok! NO more politcal ramblings from me, I promise! Otherwise I will be reprimanded and have to find another discussion baord, and I would HATE that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Oops...is it on already? I
    Oops...is it on already? I must have missed it. Hubby and I sit outside so much anymore

that we don't watch a lot of tv.

I think I saw a preview of some of the people, but, can't remember! lol

We usually watch it, so, I am sure we will this season too, if we don't miss it.

Enjoy the show sisters in pink!

Sue :)
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Oops...is it on already? I
    Oops...is it on already? I must have missed it. Hubby and I sit outside so much anymore

that we don't watch a lot of tv.

I think I saw a preview of some of the people, but, can't remember! lol

We usually watch it, so, I am sure we will this season too, if we don't miss it.

Enjoy the show sisters in pink!

Sue :)

Well
    I have a 90 year old mom who loves watching this ridiculous show, and when I told her that Miss Palin was going to be dancing, her eyes glazed over....gave me a funny look, and asked, "With what's-his-name?" Then grinned. I can only imagine she meant her on again off again fiance. Elders---gotta love them!

I'm firing one shot..............I don't really care who's in office right now.............what we had before this one, and the one before that, then the one before that did a whole lot to contribute to the mess we're in now. It's not ONE party....It's not ONE candidate. It's all of them.

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst. Chenheart, my dear? I sent you a pm!!

Have a good evening everyone!!
    Jennifer
  • cahjah75
    Options
    survives said:

Well
    I have a 90 year old mom who loves watching this ridiculous show, and when I told her that Miss Palin was going to be dancing, her eyes glazed over....gave me a funny look, and asked, "With what's-his-name?" Then grinned. I can only imagine she meant her on again off again fiance. Elders---gotta love them!

I'm firing one shot..............I don't really care who's in office right now.............what we had before this one, and the one before that, then the one before that did a whole lot to contribute to the mess we're in now. It's not ONE party....It's not ONE candidate. It's all of them.

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst. Chenheart, my dear? I sent you a pm!!

Have a good evening everyone!!
    Jennifer

OOps it is Bristol not Crystal
    so thanks for correcting me. However, I still wonder why they ever asked her to be part of their show. There is a hot looking football player. and, Jennifer Grey is 50 and looks good. I may root for her.

As for the politics I agree with past sentiments. Obama didn't create the mess we're in but he's dealing with it.

My hubby and I love the Law & Order shows, as well as NCIS, the Closer, Cold Case (got cancelled) but we are avid watchers of Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, Extreme Makeover. I watch DWTS, SYTYCD, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice - I guess I watch a lot of tv. LOL

Hubby & I watch a lot of UCONN football & basketball! I'm a Red Sox fan and he is a Yankee fan so we have a lot of fun.
    Char
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

OOps it is Bristol not Crystal
    so thanks for correcting me. However, I still wonder why they ever asked her to be part of their show. There is a hot looking football player. and, Jennifer Grey is 50 and looks good. I may root for her.

As for the politics I agree with past sentiments. Obama didn't create the mess we're in but he's dealing with it.

My hubby and I love the Law & Order shows, as well as NCIS, the Closer, Cold Case (got cancelled) but we are avid watchers of Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, Extreme Makeover. I watch DWTS, SYTYCD, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice - I guess I watch a lot of tv. LOL

Hubby & I watch a lot of UCONN football & basketball! I'm a Red Sox fan and he is a Yankee fan so we have a lot of fun.
    Char

One comment on the politics
    One comment on the politics - Obama has done and is doing nothing! Ok, that's it.

As far as DWS, we have watched it before. I didn't know it was on now either.

We do like Big Brother. We can't wait to see who wins. That is a lot of money for someone!

I hope everyone enjoys whatever they watch and doing whatever they like to do. That is what makes us all so special, we are all unique.

Hugs, Debby
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I do watch DWTS and I love
    I do watch DWTS and I love all the criminal shows. Bliss would be serial killers against the agents on a DWTS. LOL For sports we prefer car races. I don't talk politics cause well just because. I only knew it was Bristol because there was a recent blurb on her. And you weren't the only one that thought Crystal. Heck, if I hadn't seen her real name I would have thought Crystal was fine or Thistle or Daisy. LOL
    Stef
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    chenheart said:

HUgs,
    Chen♥

Chen
    Just have to say not only do I agree with the political views you did not express, but I also love all the Law and Orders, NCIS, and CSI's. My husband thinks I'm goofy, but he watches all the wars on the history channel, which I point out to him really did happen; at least at the end of my shows the actors can get up and go do a show somewhere else.

Just wanted to share.

marge
  • cahjah75
    Options

Chen
    Just have to say not only do I agree with the political views you did not express, but I also love all the Law and Orders, NCIS, and CSI's. My husband thinks I'm goofy, but he watches all the wars on the history channel, which I point out to him really did happen; at least at the end of my shows the actors can get up and go do a show somewhere else.

Just wanted to share.

marge

Marge
    my hubby watches the History Channel all the time and he loves watching the extreme Australian in the outback doing dangerous survival skills! lol
    Char