Tumors bacl after resection :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Pennymac02
    Pennymac02 Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options

HCC
    Sorry to hear about your dad. HCC is a very aggressive and devasting cancer. My husbands HCC was confirmed in January when he had an RFA treatment and they did a biopsy. At that time, he had one 3 cm tumor in the right lobe. They treated that one with RFA in Jan. and when we went back six weeks later for his MRI, he had multiple tumors involving both lobes.
    They gave him a theraspheres treatment in May for the right lobe, as it contained the most tumors. He was scheduled to have another treatment for the one tumor in the left lobe on Aug. 4, but he went into liver failure before they could do the treatment. He passed away on August 30 at home. I hope you have better luck with your dad. It is a very painful thing to watch someone you love suffer so. I take comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering.

Sorry
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband had a bland embolization 5 weeks ago, and a follow up CT last week. We have'nt heard back what the scan looks like, but your post gave me chills. He had one 4 cm mass in the right lobe of the liver, with a possible 2.5 mass more midline, they only will treat one at a time because his liver function is so compromised. They won't do the theraspheres for the same reason. Even though the information on HCC is grim, I keep hoping that the scan is going to show improvement rather than spread. My husbands secondary diagnosis is Hep C. and we're hoping we can slow the cancer long enough to wait for a possible liver transplant.