breast cancer fundraising walks?

Options
Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi - i just wanted to ask a quick question to all of you who are involved in BC fundraising walks - do you have any cool fundraiser ideas to share? We're getting a team together for a walk in October, and I'm just wondering if any of you had any good fundraising tips or ideas that worked well for you that you'd like to share.
*hugs & thanks!*
Heather

Comments

• KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    personalizing the letter sent out to my contacts...
    I was pretty successful getting more donations this year for the Walk-run. I think that it was partially due to my personalizing the email templates that the Komen WalkRun provided and the fact that this is my first year, walking as a survivor.All my friends, family and coworkers who have supported me through this journey were more than happy to make the donations for Breast Cancer.
    Hugs, K
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    a couple of ideas
    Last year I saw a yard sale sign that read " yard sale for the cure" so of course I followed it. The woman who lived there was a 1 year survivor. She had made pink ribbon suckers and pink lemonade to sell along with all the yard sale items. They also had a jar labeled for donations. Everything they made was donated.

For the past 3 years I have made awareness bracelets to sell and used the money for donations.

If you have a Komen headquarers near by, they sell things like pens, bracelets, pins, note pads, etc.-all things you can purchase and re-sell for a little more in order to raise funds.

Some restaurants, bars, salons, etc will allow you to put a jar or something on their counter to collect donations.

Good luck to you!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

a couple of ideas
    Last year I saw a yard sale sign that read " yard sale for the cure" so of course I followed it. The woman who lived there was a 1 year survivor. She had made pink ribbon suckers and pink lemonade to sell along with all the yard sale items. They also had a jar labeled for donations. Everything they made was donated.

For the past 3 years I have made awareness bracelets to sell and used the money for donations.

If you have a Komen headquarers near by, they sell things like pens, bracelets, pins, note pads, etc.-all things you can purchase and re-sell for a little more in order to raise funds.

Some restaurants, bars, salons, etc will allow you to put a jar or something on their counter to collect donations.

Good luck to you!

Edna--I love the "yard sale for the cure" idea.
    I might just have to try that. Also, great tip about the jar at a local establishment. There are a few restaurants here in Ahwatukee we frequent that might just be happy to do that.

I don't have any tips to offer, sorry, but this was a great discussion to start, Heather. Thank you!

Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Heather
    my son-in-law just completed the Lance Armstrong 100 mile bike ride in Philly last Sunday. My daughter put out a link via Facebook to all our families and friends. Everyone made donations sponsoring him as he did this in honor of his grandmother and me. Good luck with your efforts.
    Char