? about chemo treatment

Options
LivingFaith
LivingFaith Member Posts: 74
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
I have kind of a strange question about my dad getting chemo. When I went to visit yesterday, they live 1 1/2 hours aways so I can only go once a week, I noticed this strange smell in the house. My mom is very clean. My dad is still well enough that he takes a shower everyday. When I asked about it my mom said it is coming from my dad. I went into his bedroom and it was very strong there. It smells like a mix of chemicals and funky dead hampster? I don't know how else to describe it. Could this be from his chemo? Has anyone else noticed a strange oder from their cancer patient? I don't know what else it could be or if I should be worried it is something more serious.
Thanks,
Deb

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • JimsBrother
    JimsBrother Member Posts: 94
    Options
    My dad had lung cancer some
    My dad had lung cancer some time ago, he never had chemo but he was taking a huge number of meds. He didn't smell the same to me. It wasn't extremely bad but it was different.

My own experience, I began taking medication for pain a long time ago. A side effect is sweating. I noticed soon after beginning these meds that my pillow smelled different. I remember asking my wife about it and she said yes, I didn't smell like roses anymore.

I would imagine with any drug they shove into our systems, that they will change our chemical makeup. I am only guessing chemo would cause it too.