Rads Booster Questions

Options
Boppy_of_6
Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have my last rad treatment tomorrow,(YEA) then I will get 5 boosters. I know the boosters are just to the incision area. I was wondering if it is just the incision where the tumor was removed or the node removal too? I had no positive lymph nodes. I read several of the older post which were helpful but just wanted to see what you might could add. My underarm area is what is the worst. I have really not burnt bad just touchy in the underarm area. I am pretty red just not to painful. Are the boosters easier than the whole breast tx? I am just really excited to be so close to being done! God Bless
(((Hugs))) Janice

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    I had boosters to both areas
    I had boosters to both areas but they also found a microscopic amount of cancer in my sentinel lymph node.

Hugs

Donna
  • Boppy_of_6
    Options

I had boosters to both areas
    I had boosters to both areas but they also found a microscopic amount of cancer in my sentinel lymph node.

Hugs

Donna

Thanks Donna
    Thank you I am just curious what to expect. Either way it is a smaller area! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Thanks Donna
    Thank you I am just curious what to expect. Either way it is a smaller area! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

My boosts were to the "
    My boosts were to the " tumor cavity " so it was only where my incision was. I was also so glad to be so near completion that I felt it was easier as it was quicker and none of the rads treatments took very long. You will be done before you know it!!! Yay!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    GayleMc said:

My boosts were to the "
    My boosts were to the " tumor cavity " so it was only where my incision was. I was also so glad to be so near completion that I felt it was easier as it was quicker and none of the rads treatments took very long. You will be done before you know it!!! Yay!!!

I think everyone is
    I think everyone is different, as I only had the boosts to my scar. congrats on almost being done Yay!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    GayleMc said:

My boosts were to the "

I had my boosters just at
    I had my boosters just at the tumor site, so, the rest of my body healed during that time. I didn't burn, but, got really dark pink and was tender. But, once you are done, your body will heal fast. Keep the cremes on even after you are done for a few weeks.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Boppy_of_6
    Options
    jnl said:

I had my boosters just at
    I had my boosters just at the tumor site, so, the rest of my body healed during that time. I didn't burn, but, got really dark pink and was tender. But, once you are done, your body will heal fast. Keep the cremes on even after you are done for a few weeks.

Hugs, Leeza

Thanks
    Thank you all for the answers. I go today for last full tx. and the mapping. Cannot wait to be through!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I only had booster on my breast incision site.
    My nodes were negative so the doc said there was no need to radiate that incision. It really wasn't bad but I was glad to be done with it.

Roseann
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Thanks
    Thank you all for the answers. I go today for last full tx. and the mapping. Cannot wait to be through!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I got boosters at the tumor
    I got boosters at the tumor site and nowhere else. They are quick too. You just lie down, and, then you get up. LOL Seriously, it is that quick. Congrats early!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Options
    Alexis F said:

I got boosters at the tumor
    I got boosters at the tumor site and nowhere else. They are quick too. You just lie down, and, then you get up. LOL Seriously, it is that quick. Congrats early!

Thank you all
    Thanks to all of you for the answers and encouragement. I had the first one yest. and it is fast! It is just to the incision area where the tumor was. Only 4 more!!!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice