It felt so good to do normal things again.

Options
cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yesterday I went apple picking with my sister. We have made the annual journey for several years now and since I'm feeling well this weekend I thought I better take advantage of it before 2nd chemo on Tuesday. Today I took a Disney scrapbooking class. Everyone hugged me and said how great it was to see me. I actually got into my car thinking I had forgotten something. Sure did! I had to go back into the house to get a hat for my bald head. lol
Char

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Apple picking sounds like
    Apple picking sounds like fun! Please bake a pie for me--yum! Glad you are recovering and able to enjoy the good life.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Apple picking sounds like
    Apple picking sounds like fun! Please bake a pie for me--yum! Glad you are recovering and able to enjoy the good life.

Sounds like fun, glad your
    Sounds like fun, glad your doing ok.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    No baking for me.
    I used to make apple crisp and homemade applesauce. I picked all the apples just for eating this time. Yum :-)
    Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi Char im glad you have
    Hi Char im glad you have some normal routines between chemo treatments...thats so great!
    Next time try not to forget your hat...lol!
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi Char im glad you have
    Hi Char im glad you have some normal routines between chemo treatments...thats so great!
    Next time try not to forget your hat...lol!

I'm so glad you had such a
    I'm so glad you had such a good time you ALMOST forgot your hat!!! It is nice to forget the whole situation at times, isn't it. Warmest thoughts to you.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Happy for you. Sometimes it
    Happy for you. Sometimes it is the little things that just make us so happy.

Hugs

Donna
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Happy for you. Sometimes it
    Happy for you. Sometimes it is the little things that just make us so happy.

Hugs

Donna

I find its the little things
    I find its the little things that make me the happiest. pretty soon you will have more normal days then not! so glad you had a great time.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    carkris said:

I find its the little things
    I find its the little things that make me the happiest. pretty soon you will have more normal days then not! so glad you had a great time.

I agree with Carkis
    It's those small things that you can do again that bring joy. Keeping up those traditions is so meaningful and gives you a sense of normalcy that is so needed.

Apple picking sounds fun!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Truly,
    it is the little things. Such joy! Reading your post brought forth a big smile from me.I am glad you feel well enough to do these things and are enjoying them so.

Sue
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Sounds like fun, glad your
    Sounds like fun, glad your doing ok.

It does sound like fun! So
    It does sound like fun! So happy that you got out and did something that made you so happy!

Hugs, Jan
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hey Char,
    Good for you! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Good luck on Tuesday. We'll be thinking about you. Hugs, Jean