Catheter Better than Leaking?

Trew
Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I had a cathater put in Friday after surgery. It is suppose to come out Wednesday, BUT I like this catheter a whole lot better than leaking. I wonder IF I can keep it in for another week. I plan to call the doctor in the morning to see if I can do just that. The purpose would be to keep the scar tissue from reforming in the urethra. I would be all for an additonal 5- 7 days. This is so much easier that pads.

Imagine that!!

Comments

• Trew
    Medical History
    I should enter this under my Pad Diary but....

This morning I probably made medical history as the first man to call U of MI and has to keep his catheter in for another week and could we reschedule Wed's appointment?

I am waiting to hear back from the RN in the office.

My wife was shocked- I told her last night I was going to do it but she must have doubted my sincerity.

I am wearing the leg bag and I have more freedom now than when I was just wearing pads.

And I sleep better and feel better about my self- a lot less anxieity, too.

What an interesting turn of events this is!
  • bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 850 Member
    To make you feel better
    To make you feel better you’re still leaking in theory but in a bag…My heart goes out to you on your continued issues…

Peace
  • Trew
    Kiss that idea of keeping
    Kiss that idea of keeping the cath in a little longer good-by. I just got a call from U of MI uro department and they said "No." It needs to come out as scheduled. I am a bit disappointed again. So Wednesday back to pads again. So sad.
  • Trew
    bdhilton said:

To make you feel better
    To make you feel better you’re still leaking in theory but in a bag…My heart goes out to you on your continued issues…

Peace

Drip, Drip, Drip....
    Hah! There is no joy in Mudville, for mighty.......
  • GolfWi
    GolfWi Member Posts: 5
    Trew said:

Drip, Drip, Drip....
    Hah! There is no joy in Mudville, for mighty.......

Cath
    You probobly already know this but there is a cath that has a condom like thing that you wear that is attached to the bag. I haven't used one but it may be worth a try even if you have to duct tape it in place.
    Best of Luck