My body and I are no longer BFFs

Hissy_Fitz
Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Sometimes it's hard to live in a body you no longer trust, that has betrayed you before and may betray you again. I would really like a new one. Even a used one would be okay, not too many miles, as long as it's clean inside (I can clean up the outside myself; I really would not mind.) It's not personal; I just don't feel like I can relax in my old body anymore. It's not you, old body, it's me. Well......maybe it IS you. I don't know anymore. I just know that I don't like you as much as I used to, and I don't think we can be BFFs anymore.

Sorry,
Carlene

Comments

• leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    I think my hair sent that
    I think my hair sent that exact same email to me!
  • kellyh33
    kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
    Dear Body
    I had to call my Mom and read this to her. She feels the exact same way and it made her feel like she is not alone. That being said and no disrespect but it made us chuckle.
    Thank you for making Mom smile when most days it is hard to even get out of bed.
  • Hissy_Fitz
    kellyh33 said:

Dear Body
    I had to call my Mom and read this to her. She feels the exact same way and it made her feel like she is not alone. That being said and no disrespect but it made us chuckle.
    Thank you for making Mom smile when most days it is hard to even get out of bed.

Kelly....I am thrilled that
    Kelly....I am thrilled that you and your mom were amused by my silly little post. It really is exactly how I feel, too. I no longer trust my body, and with good reason. It tried to kill me. At least that's how I look at it.

Carlene
  • cancer survivor x 4
    cancer survivor x 4 Member Posts: 177
    My Body
    Hi Carlene,
    ha!!!!! My body has tried to kill me 4 times. I am really surprised that I am not in a mental hospital. According to the pastor, I am the "messanger". I must be a special person. I am supposed to educate every female and male I see on the symptoms of ovarian and breast cancer. Prevention and treatment. I can't figure out why I am still alive, NED, and not taking any treatment. Damn BRAC 1 gene. The only way to stop me from getting cancer is to make me a man. The only way I can get through it, is to not think about it and try and forget that I was ever sick. Yea, right. Until I look at all of the scars. I gotta live everyday like it is my last day. Luv ya, Paula
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    My body WAS revolting but has now given up!!
    I have fallen out with my body too. It used to respond when I did things like:

1. Diet. When I tried to diet and lose weight - it worked and I lost 2 stone in 10 months. Now I've tried twice to lose the 2 stone I have put on and my body refuses to part with any excess weight.

2. Run. I used to train to run further and further. My body would hurt but did respond and would be able to do a bit further each time. Now all I can manage is very short distances and my body screams at me to have a rest.

3. Hair. My hair was always my crowning glory. The best thing about me. My body got rid of all of my hair when faced with chemo. My body didn't even try to hang on to any of it. It let me down.

BUT, now my body is growing hair again so there is hope???????

It is so hard to reconcile to a body that is in rebellion. But, we have to push on and try to take back control otherwise we are lost and cancer has won.
  • blue802
    blue802 Member Posts: 17
    O God how i can relate to you
    Dear cariene,Boy I no what you mean,I really no what you are talking about,But you know what, You are a beautiful person,and at times like this you have to dig down real deep and remember were you came from.I am sure that your body has been though a lot,All the chemo,and all that goes with it.because of all that you have been though, you are a much better person,Our body's are not the same and never will be,But you are a strong person because of were you came from.I would say that today you are special,and as we get older its not whats on the out side but whats on the inside that matters.I don't know you but i have read all the things that you have wrote people and all the love and caring and support that you give to people like myself,I know what you are feeling My abdomen is very big.at times I don't know who the person in the marrow is,But as i get older I realize that i no longer look at a persons out side beauty,but whats inside of that person,Take care and i hope you feel better,God Bless you,Mary
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hello,
    Oh my gosh Carlene,

Hello,

Oh my gosh Carlene, I never looked at it this way; but what a rude awakening to the harsh reality of exactly that fact!

Yuckkkk...I gotta get past that one. LOL!

It is a funny way to look at it though.

Sharon
  • Mawty
    Mawty Member Posts: 133
    BFFs
    Carlene, spot on. Thanks for that post.

Marty
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Mawty said:

BFFs
    Carlene, spot on. Thanks for that post.

Marty

Hey, how have you been,
    Hey, how have you been, Marty? Long time, no hear from you.

Carlene