any one a twin

j2twin
j2twin Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Since i'm an identical twin and have BC what are the chances of my sister eventually having it? She had mamo and everything was fine. While seeing the rad. onco she check her films while she was talking to me. Since I decided to start eating better I'm making her do it to along with exercising figured it can't hurt.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Not a twin, but from what I've researched and have been
    told by Oncologist - Bell Clinical trials .. a 50% higher chance of breast cancer, now that you've been dignosised. Stats ... are sometimes incorrect. Best bet if I were in your sister's shoes ... I would have a mammogram - establish a baseline, and go in as recommended for annual repeats. If possible, and insurance permitting .. have an MRI mammo - they are the best of the best in detecting breast cancer!

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    I'm a twin, too.
    Because we are older, my sister was able to get a baseline MRI covered by insurance. They are watching her more closely. Who knows why any of us gets bc.

Roseann
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    roseann4 said:

I'm a twin, too.
    Because we are older, my sister was able to get a baseline MRI covered by insurance. They are watching her more closely. Who knows why any of us gets bc.

Roseann

I am a twin
    I am an identical twin. When I was diagnosed the doctor ran the BRCA1 and BRCA2 testing and it came out negative because of family history of cancer. They watch my sister more closely and she has breast MRI along with mammogram.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    TWINS
    A dear friend is an identical twin......she had BC 5 years ago....she's 58.....so far her sister is fine.......