I'm back--old friends and new friends

Options
tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello old friends and hoping to get to know new friends.

I'm back--I have been so busy with Jake, my 7 yr old son, this summer and other things. Starting to work from home tomorrow doing my same job but just at home.
My oncologist left to pursue a new job in southern Illinois and met with a new oncologist in the same office and she told me that since I have been on Herceptin for over a year that I didn't need anymore Herceptin treatments and that the port can come out. I have opted to have the port removed after golf season is over with. I was numb when she told me no more treatments-I wasn't expecting to hear that. I will have another echo done in September to see if my ejection fraction has come back up--that was another reason why Herceptin ended. Have had to take breaks from treatment due to heart issue but heart always bounced back to normal.

Divorce was final in March and I bought the house that Jake and I are in from my ex. Have made some home improvements and will do some more in the future.

Hugs to all,
Margo

Comments

• cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    good morning
    nice to meet you and hear some positive news this morning! Sounds like you are getting your life to your new normal...wow, that gives me hope and promise! I am almost through my chemo treatments, and then face rads. But I look forward to the end of the tunnel and a new normal life someday. Glad you were able to have fun times with your son this summer.......sounds all so wonderful! Good luck with everything............enjoy life, and thank you for being on the Board! This Board has helped me tremendously this year.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hello Margo,
    Glad things are going well for you. Love the picture of you and your son! Hugs, Jean
  • tommaseena
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hello Margo,
    Glad things are going well for you. Love the picture of you and your son! Hugs, Jean

So Now
    So I guess now I can say that I am dancing with NED since I have no more treatments. I am finally dancing with NED--nice of you ladies to share him with me he does make a girl/woman feel wonderful and so light on her feet.

Margo
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Welcome back Margo! Glad
    Welcome back Margo! Glad things are settling down for you. Did you notice I changed my picture? I'm not upside down anymore! Hope you continue to do well. Hugs.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Margo
    Welcome Back! Have been wondering about you. Glad to hear things are going well for you & your Little Man. Treatments done, port coming out, dancing with Ned, Life is Good! So happy for you! Congratulations!
    ♥ Cat
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Margo
    Welcome Back! Have been wondering about you. Glad to hear things are going well for you & your Little Man. Treatments done, port coming out, dancing with Ned, Life is Good! So happy for you! Congratulations!
    ♥ Cat

I have been wondering where
    I have been wondering where you were. I miss your jokes!! I am going through a nasty reoccurance so i need them.
  • tommaseena
    Options
    meena1 said:

I have been wondering where
    I have been wondering where you were. I miss your jokes!! I am going through a nasty reoccurance so i need them.

jokes
    I will start posting jokes tomorrow.
    You all have been in my thoughts even when I have been away.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

jokes
    I will start posting jokes tomorrow.
    You all have been in my thoughts even when I have been away.

Hugs,
    Margo

Margo .. I've missed you and your humor -- So glad
    things are falling into place for you. I just finished 1 year of Herceptin myself on 8/20 and my port is coming out on Tuesday 8/31.

Getting back to 'normal' -- very scary for me!

I will watch for your joke of the day - tomorrow. When does Jake start school? Golfing a game you so enjoy -- a very important question .. how long is your hair? haha

Vicki Sam
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Margo it sounds like life is
    Margo it sounds like life is going back to normal for you and dancing with NED too....WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!
    You go girl!!!
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Margo, welcome back. I too
    Margo, welcome back. I too am just returning after a few months off. It is nice to see old friends and new. I am looking forward to your jokes. Hang in there and welcome to your new beginning! Pitt
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

Margo, welcome back. I too
    Margo, welcome back. I too am just returning after a few months off. It is nice to see old friends and new. I am looking forward to your jokes. Hang in there and welcome to your new beginning! Pitt

glad you are back
    glad you are back margo!!!!and Pitt!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

glad you are back
    glad you are back margo!!!!and Pitt!

Glad to see you back and
    Glad to see you back and that things are going well. Missed your humor.
    Stef
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Glad to see you back and
    Glad to see you back and that things are going well. Missed your humor.
    Stef

Good to see you margo, you to stef
    Margo, I am also done with Herceptin in 2 weeks will have the last treatment. I get the numb feeling. It's been a long year. Glad your back, welcome the jokes.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    So happy to see you're back
    So happy to see you're back and I think we all miss your jokes! It is nice to have happy news too!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Margo
    I'm glad you're done with treatments and doing well. Can't wait for the jokes.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Welcome back
    Margo. I'm very happy for you on this new journey you're embarking on - dancing with NED! That's awesome! I'm fairly new to this network of very special ladies and a few guys too :-) I will have my 2nd chemo treatment Tuesday, Aug 31.
    Char
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Welcome back
    Margo. I'm very happy for you on this new journey you're embarking on - dancing with NED! That's awesome! I'm fairly new to this network of very special ladies and a few guys too :-) I will have my 2nd chemo treatment Tuesday, Aug 31.
    Char

Hello Margo
    Welcome back. I hope you will make us a part of your normal routine. We need your wisdom and support. Hurray for NED! Hugs and blessings to you. Gracie
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Glad to hear from you and
    Glad to hear from you and that things are going well.

Hugs

Donna