Question re deodorant vs antiperspirant

2»

Comments

• Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    They make it for men...
    Donna wanted to switch away from aluminum too, and settled on a roll-on from the health food store that is aluminum and paraben free, but it was amazing to me that virtually all of the women's products in the "regular" stores contain aluminum!!!

I've used Mennen Speed Stick for about 30 years, and they now make it in different fragrances, so if some of you don't mind wearing a "man's" deodorant, I would reccomend it.

Bob
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Hubby said:

They make it for men...
    Donna wanted to switch away from aluminum too, and settled on a roll-on from the health food store that is aluminum and paraben free, but it was amazing to me that virtually all of the women's products in the "regular" stores contain aluminum!!!

I've used Mennen Speed Stick for about 30 years, and they now make it in different fragrances, so if some of you don't mind wearing a "man's" deodorant, I would reccomend it.

Bob

I found the
    Crystal stick roll-on in the Vitamin Shoppe today. It's lavendar/white tea scented. Nice smell. I also bought some Coconut flavored water and Tea Tree Oil for my nails. So, I'm prepared since so many have talked about their nails blackening and falling off.
    Char
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    cahjah75 said:

I found the
    Crystal stick roll-on in the Vitamin Shoppe today. It's lavendar/white tea scented. Nice smell. I also bought some Coconut flavored water and Tea Tree Oil for my nails. So, I'm prepared since so many have talked about their nails blackening and falling off.
    Char

I was in the grocery store a day or two ago
    and looked at the deoderants and antiperpirants - virtually all of them, men's and women's had aluminum in them (store didn't carry Mennen brand). But I did find they had Arm & Hammer which now has a deoderant that's called "Essentials" which is aluminum and Paraben free. Don't know how well it works, if one is used to an antiperspirant, but it certainly fills the bill as far as ingredients and wasn't expensive.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    filimu said:

I was in the grocery store a day or two ago
    and looked at the deoderants and antiperpirants - virtually all of them, men's and women's had aluminum in them (store didn't carry Mennen brand). But I did find they had Arm & Hammer which now has a deoderant that's called "Essentials" which is aluminum and Paraben free. Don't know how well it works, if one is used to an antiperspirant, but it certainly fills the bill as far as ingredients and wasn't expensive.

I do not sweat under the arm
    I do not sweat under the arm where I have had the masectomy. I do not wear deodorant at all.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    meena1 said:

I do not sweat under the arm
    I do not sweat under the arm where I have had the masectomy. I do not wear deodorant at all.

Lucky you
    Meena! I've always had to use an antiperspirant. Heat and humidity have always bothered me! I've been having constant hot flashes for the past 11-15 years and I literally get drenched - hair dripping, etc. Now that I'm bald I notice the perspiration on the top of my head and forehead. lol Since the bilateral mastectomy I do still sweat under the arms.

I will check out the Arm & Hammer deodorant.
    Char