anyone have invasive secretory melanoma

Options
roseyposey333
roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My doctors say this is a rare breast cancer and so they are treating me differently than other more common breast cancer patients. I had a lumpectomy in May 2010 with no lymph node involvement, my tumor was .90 and am now having radiation treatment, have 2 more weeks to go. My onco score was 28 which in other cancers would have meant chemo but they are saying that because my cancer is rare the studies were not including my type of cancer so they are opting out of chemo for me. They say the cancer has a good prognosis of not returning so that is why they made that decision. I will be going on Arimadex after rad. is completed but wondered if anyone else has this type of cancer. They tell me in this case it was good to be rare. Still in the back of my mind I am wondering that if it's rare that would mean they don't know much about it and perhaps it will act in ways they cannot predict.

Guess it's my own paranoia but I want to take no chances of having to go through this again.

Rosey

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I have
    I have to admit that I have never even heard of your type of cancer. Hoping someone else has and wishing you the very best!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

I have to admit that I have never even heard of your type of cancer. Hoping someone else has and wishing you the very best!

I have never heard of this
    I have never heard of this either. I want to wish you the best of luck Rosey!

Hugs, Diane
  • roseyposey333
    Options

thanks Diane
    thanks for the good wishes. i will keep searching for info on my type of cancer.
  • roseyposey333
    Options

thanks Cynthia
    yes it is quite a mystery but I will keep searching, btw, love your picture,looks like a beautiful lake behind you
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

thanks Cynthia
    yes it is quite a mystery but I will keep searching, btw, love your picture,looks like a beautiful lake behind you

Wish I could help, but, this
    Wish I could help, but, this is new to me also. Hoping that you can get some information.

Hugs, Jan