Fatigue free?

Options
Betsy13
Betsy13 Member Posts: 185
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was told that either B6 or B12 shots help after you are done with chemo and/or rads to get rid of fatigue. Has anyone heard of this? Is it B6 OR B12. The person couldn't remember.

I'm calling my family doctor today and asking her about it. This person said her sister had bc a few years ago and her family doc, NOT onc. told her about this shot. She said it really helped her sister get rid of the fatigue.

Just wondering,
Betsy

Comments

• survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think it's B12...
    I've heard this before. Having not had chemo or rads, I didn't suffer the severe fatigue that you ladies have. However, I heard two ladies talking of it in my rads office the last time I was there (which was July). One swore by it...the other one wasn't seeing a big significance.

I guess like everything else, it depends on the individual and how you respond to medication. Good that you will be talking with your doctor. Ask him to check your B12 levels.

Jennifer
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I also heard this
    from a friend who went through her BC treatments over 20 years ago. She said that her oncologist gave her vitamin B12 shots and she never felt fatigued.

I have tried just taking vitamin B complex tablets, but I do still feel tired (not physically, but just need lots of sleep).

It's definitely worth exploring with your doctor!