Options
2»

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

My sister
    met with my oncology surgeon today to go over radiology report re new calcifications in her other breast. She will have a stereostatic MRI assisted biopsy on Friday. He told her with our family history that if it's benign he will make an incision to remove all that's there. If it's DCIS in the other breast she will undergo the removal and rads again. Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers. Either way the surgeon doesn't want her to worry about the what if's.
    {{hugs}} Char

Please keep us updated. You
    Please keep us updated. You and your sister are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

My sister
    met with my oncology surgeon today to go over radiology report re new calcifications in her other breast. She will have a stereostatic MRI assisted biopsy on Friday. He told her with our family history that if it's benign he will make an incision to remove all that's there. If it's DCIS in the other breast she will undergo the removal and rads again. Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers. Either way the surgeon doesn't want her to worry about the what if's.
    {{hugs}} Char

Oh Char,
    My sister and I

Oh Char,
    My sister and I have bc in our family also. I had bilaterals in Jan of this year and my sister has been such a support. I know how important you two must be to each other , especially at this time. Good luck in all.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

Oh Char,
    My sister and I

Oh Char,
    My sister and I have bc in our family also. I had bilaterals in Jan of this year and my sister has been such a support. I know how important you two must be to each other , especially at this time. Good luck in all.

My sister
    got her biopsy results today and it's definitely DCIS in her other breast. She's meeting with the surgeon I had for mastectomy on Thursday to set a date for lumpectomy. She's also going to ask about targeted radiation that's done during surgery. She doesn't know if it's available as an option.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    My sister
    met with surgeon today. He wants her to have a breast MRI so he can have an accurate measurement of the calcifications before surgery. He also wants to look at the other breast where she had DCIS 9 years ago. He told her she is a candidate for the procedure where they place a radiology something in her breast and she only has to have 5 targeted rads instead of 6 weeks! He can remove the thing in his office under local anesthesia. So here she goes again. It just never seems to end.... Thanks for keeping her in your prayers.
    Char
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Char I'm praying for you and
    Char I'm praying for you and your sister. so sorry to hear your news.