Biopsy Came Back

kimmygarland
kimmygarland Member Posts: 312
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
No surprise - it's positive. We should hear from doc tomorrow I would think on what surgical approach he will take.

I'm strangely calm about it, I guess because it is what we expected - doc gave no indications it would be anything else. Bob took it well. He had a regularly scheduled appt with Medical Oncologist (chemo doc) today for bloodwork and talked to him about it. He said he still thinks his chances are good and they can always follow up with some chemo if necessary after the surgery. I'm glad Bob saw him this week, he is a very calming, caring doc - whereas our lead doctor, ENT Oncologist SURGEON (that should explain it) doesn't have much bedside manner.

Keep the prayers coming please.... Thanks!

Comments

• Little_C
    Little_C Member Posts: 23
    Your family is in my prayers
    I'm so sorry to hear that the biopsy came back positive. My husband has his biopsy next week, Tuesday. His doctor told him pretty much the same thing, that he's pretty sure the cancer is back. He will have to have surgery as well. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
    C.
  • grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    Sorry
    I am sorry that the results as you expected. Now you will do what both need to do. I will keep you in my prayers. Fay
  • PattyNC
    PattyNC Member Posts: 65
    sending prayers your way
    Glad the one doc is calming and caring. Bedside manner is so important & is like a healing balm.