OK - Final confirmation and details for So Cal (RE)Union on the 28th - It's not too late to join us!

Options
cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So the following ladies will be there in the flesh:

Aisling8 (Victoria)
TraciInLA and Trace
Chenheart and Siobhan
aBestBarb
Sally5 (Merry)
New Flower
VickiSam
Bella Luna (Ines) and Patricia
Cats_toy
Faith_trust_and_a_little_bit_of_chemotherapy
RE
...oh, and ME!!!!

Sorry Chen - I miscounted when I gave you the total earlier - we are 15 strong!

We will meet at the Yardhouse at Shoreline Village in Long Beach, at 11:30 AM on the 28th and will take over the patio like a gang of Pink Warrior Pirates until they kick us out.

Here's the website for the Yardhouse in case you want to drool over the menu in advance (RE was able to post it as a link earlier, but I don't have that particular talent!)

http://www.yardhouse.com/CA/long_beach/

It's pretty easy to find, but here are some insider tips: When you get toward the end of the 710 Fwy (past Pacific Coast Hwy) keep to your left as it branches off, but don't get in the far left lane or you'll exit too soon. Follow the signs toward the Aquarium until you see the sign directing you to Shorline Village, then follow that one instead of the Aquarium sign. Shoreline Village is just past the Aquarium on the right side of Shoreline Drive. The best parking is in the Shoreline Village lot, and you should see the Yardhouse on the end of the Village that's closest to Shoreline Drive.

And of course, the rest of you will also be joining us in spirit!!! We will hold hands at noon (CA time) with each other and all of you at the same time.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am pretty sure that if one
    I am pretty sure that if one more joins us, we will be able to scoot over! One of my dearest and most loyal of friends (we met in 8th grade) lives in Mission Viejo~ she was with me the night before my surgery, and 2 days after to help take care of me. Her mom is a BC survivor,and she would fit in with us beautifully. I have not seen her in a few years ( Life and all getting in the way!) so when this came up, I invited her! IF she can make it, her name is Monica!

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Hugs, and woot woot! See you soon!

Chen♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    GREAT!
    We will be leaving from Northern California tomorrow to ensure that even with any mishaps I should make it there on time. Looking forward to meeting you all in person!

RE
  • chenheart
    Options
    RE said:

GREAT!
    We will be leaving from Northern California tomorrow to ensure that even with any mishaps I should make it there on time. Looking forward to meeting you all in person!

RE

RE

Wouldn't it be funny if we are staying at the same Hotel??? Siobhan and I are staying until Monday as we have plans to go visit her elementary school and re-connect with her 1st grade teacher!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    chenheart said:

RE

Wouldn't it be funny if we are staying at the same Hotel??? Siobhan and I are staying until Monday as we have plans to go visit her elementary school and re-connect with her 1st grade teacher!

Cindy
    Thank you very much for doing this work. We appreciate time and very thankful .
    hugs
  • RE
    Options
    chenheart said:

RE

:-D
    Yes Claudia I thought the same thing, we are at the Residence Inn (Marriott) in Long Beach, we'll be heading home on Sunday. I bet Siobhan is exciting about seeing her 1st grade teacher, how fun is that!

See ya soon,

RE
  • RE
    Options
    chenheart said:

RE

whoops mystery double post
  • RE
    Options
    RE said:

GREAT!

RE

a thought
    I cannot keep it straight in my head where everyone is in the stages of treatment...so I just thought (yes rather late since I leave in the morning) perhaps some of you may not have yet had surgery or have gotten a prothesis, and others may not have pressure sleeves (may not need them) but may be interested in what some of them look like. Now all that said I have decided to pack my prothesis for anyone who has not yet seen one and is wondering what they look and feel like. I will also bring a few examples of the pressure sleeves I wear for anyone who may be interested. Okay, if no one is interested not a problem, it is just something that popped into my head about a half hour ago. See you all on Saturday.

*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ RE
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    I am so jealous!!! Have a
    I am so jealous!!! Have a great time! Pitt
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

I am so jealous!!! Have a
    I am so jealous!!! Have a great time! Pitt

I will be there .. Cindy - thank you so very much
    for organization this event! Looking forward to many laughs and tears tomorrow :-D

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    Options
    RE said:

Yes Claudia I thought the same thing, we are at the Residence Inn (Marriott) in Long Beach, we'll be heading home on Sunday. I bet Siobhan is exciting about seeing her 1st grade teacher, how fun is that!

See ya soon,

RE

Close, but no cigar, RE! We
    Close, but no cigar, RE! We are also staying at a Marriott in Long Beach, but the Renaissance! Oh well~ see you tomorrow! OMG! Have a great trip down!

Hugs,
    Chen
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
    I will be thinking of you all holding hands at noon (3 pm here). I wish we could all get together - I know I don't post much any more but I read and pray for all the newbies and recurrences. HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND I KNOW WE WILL ALL BE WITH YOU IN SPIRIT! Post Pictures!!!!
    Luv - Pat
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Us!
    How exciting! I have a feeling this is going to be the first of many gatherings for us Survivors! I am sure it will spearhead other regional Pink gatherings throughout the country, talk about POWER! Way to Go Cindy for starting something BIG!

My friend Patricia won't be able to join us. Turns out she has to work tomorrow after all. I'll be there though!
    BL