One day at a time

Options
dixiegirl
dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
This is so true with this dreaded disease. We really don't realize how lucky we are. We are SURVIVORS, WARRIORS, STRONG, COURAGOUS wonderful people. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we do for a living, how much we have or how much we want.

I watch the posts with all of you who are almost done, half way through, just beginning or in remission. We are heros!! ALL OF US.

We will be there for all who need us, and who find us here. I now have another family offshoot.....people I've never met face to face, but I have a cancer family. Thank you all. If you are tired, sleep, if you are hungry, eat. If you need to cry, grab the kleenex (although those in treatment probably already have them in your pocket :) with the hair loss). If you need a ride, ask for it. If you are too tired to cook, grab the phone.

Vinnie, hope your counts come up soon.
John, the pet scan will be great!
Sue, you'll get started soon.
Tom....did you call your nurse about your wart?
Liz, you can do this!
Forme, hang in there, it's ok to feel whatever is going through your mind at ANY time.
Mimi-warrier, he's going to be FINE.

Good grief, I can't remember if I've forgotten anyone. There are so many starting and truding through right now. I care for all of you.

Beth

Comments

• dixiegirl
    Options
    Only Today
    Rest, I hope you feel better very very soon! Go back to bed, or pile on the couch, bring on the pillows and blankets, a good chick flick (matthew mcConnehey sp?? ohhhh very nice to watch when you feel down LOL.

Keep watch on the fever though. Don't let it get out of control.

Kaye, you doing ok? I know it is getting to you. You CAN do this....you are nearing the end!

CHEMO BRAIN: Stay away from me,..................I am sure I have forgotten someone. PLEASE don't take it personal, it's NOt intended LOL

Love you all!
    Beth
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beth
    Hi Beth,
    You are so sweet to worry about everyone...find myself doing the same thing. I think it's impossible not to do! Coming here to talk is like having a life line thrown to you...wouldn't know what to do without everyone. Love and prayers to all..EVERYDAY!
    Love...Sue
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Awwww
    What a great post. You are so kind. All the best to you too. Mary
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    Options

Awwww
    What a great post. You are so kind. All the best to you too. Mary

One Day
    Oh Beth, you are the best, caring for everyone. But you be sure to take care of your self too. Remember we who keep our hair short need to stick together.......HAHA. Leslie
  • dixiegirl
    Options
    yesyes2 said:

One Day
    Oh Beth, you are the best, caring for everyone. But you be sure to take care of your self too. Remember we who keep our hair short need to stick together.......HAHA. Leslie

:)
    Got that right! Short hair is the ONLY way to go!! No more wasting time and money on hair products.

I am taking care of myself a little bit at a time :)
  • kayebadoe
    kayebadoe Member Posts: 81
    Options
    dixiegirl said:

Only Today
    Rest, I hope you feel better very very soon! Go back to bed, or pile on the couch, bring on the pillows and blankets, a good chick flick (matthew mcConnehey sp?? ohhhh very nice to watch when you feel down LOL.

Keep watch on the fever though. Don't let it get out of control.

Kaye, you doing ok? I know it is getting to you. You CAN do this....you are nearing the end!

CHEMO BRAIN: Stay away from me,..................I am sure I have forgotten someone. PLEASE don't take it personal, it's NOt intended LOL

Love you all!
    Beth

I'm here
    I have to say with all my husband has been thru, my health is wayyy back in my mind. Some of you may remember that my husband had a stroke on the same day I had a biopsy and found out what my cancer was. Well since then he has had 2 surgeries. One for an anurism and one for a hymatoma. He is in the hospital right now and I feel so bad with all he has gone thru. 3 anurisms and a stroke then the hemotoma.
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    kayebadoe said:

I'm here
    I have to say with all my husband has been thru, my health is wayyy back in my mind. Some of you may remember that my husband had a stroke on the same day I had a biopsy and found out what my cancer was. Well since then he has had 2 surgeries. One for an anurism and one for a hymatoma. He is in the hospital right now and I feel so bad with all he has gone thru. 3 anurisms and a stroke then the hemotoma.

Your strength
    Hi Kaye
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are going through such a difficult time. I am sure that your health may be in the back of your mind, but don't let slip to far back. Your plate is so full right now, but do your best to keep strong. I have had my struggles lately, but they feel so small when I think of yours. I send you and your husband my very best wishes for a peaceful and healthy recovery...
    Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    kayebadoe said:

I'm here

Oh my...
    Hi Kaye,
    I did not know about your husband. I'm at a loss for words and can't imagine having all of this at one time!Please take care of yourself, and my best thoughts, prayers, and wishes go to you and your hubby. God Bless you both.
    Love...Sue