Long Day Today

onlytoday
onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
Had my first infusion of Rituxan on Monday and had the usual side effects, etc. Been good since then until today. Had terrible body ache over night and ended up with a fever of 100.2 all day. If it went to 100.5 I neeeded to head to the hospital. So atleast I think I dodged that bullet but I feel awful, very achy. Temp is now just under 100 so with any luck at all it's going to leave. Concerned that with nighttime coming it might spike... long, long day.. My poor husband is all worried. I hate this!!!!

Comments

  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    LONG DAY
    I went thru the same thing on my 1st round. It was rough for sure. It lasted for about 2-3 days and gradually got better. It may be the tumor lysis kicking in. That is one of the signs. I felt like a bus ran over me and dragged me down the street just for the heck of it. Just got weaker and weaker. 3 weeks later it was time for round 2 and just started to feel a little better. Even so, round 2 was not that bad nor was round 3. Round 4 is kicking me a bit though. I guess I am wore out from the other rounds. You will feel better, it is all part of the chemo doing its job. Just keep an eye on that temp. for any infection or imflammation. Drink plenty of water,not sodas or tea. Water will flush your system. Make sure you are peeing. Your kidneys can be affected by the tumor lysis and could shut down due to overload. I am not saying that will happen but just keep that in the back of your mind. If that would happen then you will have a hospital stay. Flushing the kidneys can help prevent it. Not trying to scare you, just repeating what the onc. nurse told me. John
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    COBRA666 said:

    LONG DAY
    I went thru the same thing on my 1st round. It was rough for sure. It lasted for about 2-3 days and gradually got better. It may be the tumor lysis kicking in. That is one of the signs. I felt like a bus ran over me and dragged me down the street just for the heck of it. Just got weaker and weaker. 3 weeks later it was time for round 2 and just started to feel a little better. Even so, round 2 was not that bad nor was round 3. Round 4 is kicking me a bit though. I guess I am wore out from the other rounds. You will feel better, it is all part of the chemo doing its job. Just keep an eye on that temp. for any infection or imflammation. Drink plenty of water,not sodas or tea. Water will flush your system. Make sure you are peeing. Your kidneys can be affected by the tumor lysis and could shut down due to overload. I am not saying that will happen but just keep that in the back of your mind. If that would happen then you will have a hospital stay. Flushing the kidneys can help prevent it. Not trying to scare you, just repeating what the onc. nurse told me. John

    Fluids
    Thanks as always John. I am drinking a lot of water , as much as I can. Fever holding at 99.8 right now with tylenol. So that's good. Feel like crap though. I'll keep an eye on things. Thanks so much for the advice. glad you guys are there. :)
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    onlytoday said:

    Fluids
    Thanks as always John. I am drinking a lot of water , as much as I can. Fever holding at 99.8 right now with tylenol. So that's good. Feel like crap though. I'll keep an eye on things. Thanks so much for the advice. glad you guys are there. :)

    Don't forget the rest,rest and more rest! Hope you feel better tomorrow or at least hope the fever is gone. Did they give you instructions regarding a fever? I was supposed to call with any fever but that was with the R CHOP. I'm not sure about just Rituxan but if it persists I would let them know. All the best. Mary
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    So sorry!
    Hi Donna,
    Sounds like theres so many side affects to keep track of...fever,body aches...UGH! My heart goes out to you and I hope tonight will go better! Thank you so much for sharing how you feel as it will help me next week. It all sounds so scary, but if you can do it...so can I!!! Please rest and take care of yourself. Poor hubby's..they just feel so helpless...God Bless them all! God bless the caregiver wives also!! Oh dang...
    GOD BLESS ALL OF US!!!!...Sue
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    allmost60 said:

    So sorry!
    Hi Donna,
    Sounds like theres so many side affects to keep track of...fever,body aches...UGH! My heart goes out to you and I hope tonight will go better! Thank you so much for sharing how you feel as it will help me next week. It all sounds so scary, but if you can do it...so can I!!! Please rest and take care of yourself. Poor hubby's..they just feel so helpless...God Bless them all! God bless the caregiver wives also!! Oh dang...
    GOD BLESS ALL OF US!!!!...Sue

    Fevers gone
    Temp dropped from 100.2 to 97.1 last night and now is normal. I feel so relieved and a lot better. Very weak and tired but not all achy like I felt yesterday. Thank you allfor your caring. I did call my doc and they had told me to take tylenol for pain and drink a lot of water and call back if it got to 100.5 because then I would have needed a hospital. Thank God it never did that! So just another day with lymphoma... I will admit this is getting harder than I thought but very very doable. For those facing treatment stay strong, eat well and rest a lot. I feel like I ran a marathon yesterday! :)

    Thanks again.. love you all!!