Is anyone planning to walk/run in the Komen NYC Race on Sept 12th?

Options
KayNYC
KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be walking this year in the Komen NYC Race for the Cure. Just wondering if anyone else in the area will be there from the boards.
Hugs, K

Comments

  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Kay, I am in California .. but in awe that you are walking and
    taking on this venture .. I will be with you in spirit! Hey, can we stop and have lunch somewhere during the race?


    Vicki Sam
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

    Kay, I am in California .. but in awe that you are walking and
    taking on this venture .. I will be with you in spirit! Hey, can we stop and have lunch somewhere during the race?


    Vicki Sam

    Evansville, IN
    Nowhere near NYC but I will be participating here in Evansville on September 25.
    Have a great walk!
    MM
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

    Evansville, IN
    Nowhere near NYC but I will be participating here in Evansville on September 25.
    Have a great walk!
    MM

    Good for you Kay!
    I am walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Phoenix on 10/10/10. My daughter-in-law set up a website to sign up people to contribute/walk/run with us. My husband, son, daughter-in-law, and several friends are joining. It should be a wonderful day and I'm looking forward to it.

    Have a great day on your walk--and to all of those all over the country who are walking/running for the CURE!

    Hugs, Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

    Good for you Kay!
    I am walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Phoenix on 10/10/10. My daughter-in-law set up a website to sign up people to contribute/walk/run with us. My husband, son, daughter-in-law, and several friends are joining. It should be a wonderful day and I'm looking forward to it.

    Have a great day on your walk--and to all of those all over the country who are walking/running for the CURE!

    Hugs, Renee

    Kay .. Just a thought . .. Can you contact the organizers
    and check if there are any women currently in treatment/or recent grad's that you can walk with? I don't know if this a valid question, as I've never participated in a breast cancer walk ..

    Regardless .. You ROCK, the strength alone to particpate is beyond my grasp right now -

    Strength and Courage :-D


    Vicki Sam
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

    Kay .. Just a thought . .. Can you contact the organizers
    and check if there are any women currently in treatment/or recent grad's that you can walk with? I don't know if this a valid question, as I've never participated in a breast cancer walk ..

    Regardless .. You ROCK, the strength alone to particpate is beyond my grasp right now -

    Strength and Courage :-D


    Vicki Sam

    I will be walking with all of you
    Thank you for your support fellow pink warriors. I know you will be with me in spirit and that is no small thing. As I walk, I know that I have you all at my side.
    I will be walking (not running this time)with the team at my hospital. I don't know yet if there are any recent treatment grads or those currently in treatment but I know that there are several team members who are survivors.I was asked on my application, from the hospital team, if I minded being "outed" as a survivor so I have a feeling that,as in previous years there may be a different colored armband or hat for survivors. Perhaps I will see some of the other patients that I ran into during my weeks of radiation therapy... My husband is also walking with me as he has been on my journey. I will be sure to take a few photos to share with my "online" family.I will be wearing my pink compression sleeve and gaunlet although they will clash with the color of my team's shirts (bright red). Praying for a sunny and cool day for the walk.
    Hugs, K
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

    Kay, I am in California .. but in awe that you are walking and
    taking on this venture .. I will be with you in spirit! Hey, can we stop and have lunch somewhere during the race?


    Vicki Sam

    sure we can lunch and rejoin the group in the park or eat after
    VickiSam,
    I know a few good places to have a good lunch so when we go to lunch, we'll order something for you. Any preferences? I was thinking either Sushi or Mexican or perhaps Italian...:)
    Hugs, K