I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!

Options
aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My last fill.... oh so painful. I didn't even go that big B what I had before.
It's like in the comics, stars and tweety birds. I have been taking valium
but it's just not working. I cry like a little girl. I didn't sleep a wink last
night. Can't wait to get these expanders out of me.

I have a high threshold for pain but YIKES even my Mastectomy hurt less..

So, what's left but ask for my mommy..LOL

Gosh I am so close to getting done, I can taste it!!!

Ayse

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    You are sooooo close to
    You are sooooo close to being done. See that light at the end of the tunnel; it's there. But I feel for you as boob pain can be awful!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

You are sooooo close to
    You are sooooo close to being done. See that light at the end of the tunnel; it's there. But I feel for you as boob pain can be awful!

The first 24 hours are the worst ... needless to say ...
    I endured 120cc fill ups .. with no pain med's. However, the mapping of my breast, needle insertion - was EXTREMELY painfull - while other sisters in PINK - did not feel as much pain as I did.

No heat .. you might want to place a small ice pack or frozen pea's .. wrapped in a kitchen towels around the incision site - for about 10 min. - you still may have a small round band-aid in that area, every other hour. Try and sleep with your head slightly evalated -. Sleep on your back tonight, and not on either side - no need to add any more pressure to your upper torso.

Good luck, my fellow sister in shiny Pink - who has recently gotten her GROOVE back!

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

You are sooooo close to

I endured 120cc fill ups .. with no pain med's. However, the mapping of my breast, needle insertion - was EXTREMELY painfull - while other sisters in PINK - did not feel as much pain as I did.

No heat .. you might want to place a small ice pack or frozen pea's .. wrapped in a kitchen towels around the incision site - for about 10 min. - you still may have a small round band-aid in that area, every other hour. Try and sleep with your head slightly evalated -. Sleep on your back tonight, and not on either side - no need to add any more pressure to your upper torso.

Good luck, my fellow sister in shiny Pink - who has recently gotten her GROOVE back!

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam

So sorry to hear you're hurting,
    Ayse. But, you are definitely on the home stretch. You mentioned you are taking Valium and it's not working. As Valium is usually for anxiety, do you have any pain meds--like Vicodin or Oxycodone? Let me know. . .

I'm pulling for you, girlfriend--we need another night out soon!

Hugs, Renee
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Last fill - great!
    Sorry it hurt so bad. Hope you feel better soon. Just think you are that much closer to having those terrible expanders removed!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    So sorry you are in pain. If
    So sorry you are in pain. If i could reach you I would loan you my teddy bear.

Hugs

Donna
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Flexeril
    Dear Ayse,

I'm sorry ... I've literally felt that pain. You can get smaller fills. I was only able to endure able 60ccs, and it got smaller the more filled I got.

Ask for some Flexeril. It is a muscle relaxer and if the valium isn't doing it, maybe the flexeril will. Are you taking any Tylenol? That will help. Also, take some ibuprofen ... because that will help with any inflammation.

The more I read I'm amazed at all the differing advice doctor's give. Interesting, VickiSam that you say no heat ice. My PS told me just the opposite, heat but no ice. He said that because of the reduction of blood flow, ice could be a problem ... so you'll need to ask your PS what he/she thinks. I used heat and it helped me.

Hang in there. You're going to make it! :)

[[gentle hugs]]
    dh
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Awwwwh Ayse im sorry your in
    Awwwwh Ayse im sorry your in pain...but its your last one WHOO HOOO!
  • aysemari
    Options

So sorry you are in pain. If
    So sorry you are in pain. If i could reach you I would loan you my teddy bear.

Hugs

Donna

Awwwhh
    How sweet of you Donna ; )

I am making do with my chunky cat. It's as if he knows I need him,
    he's usually not this cuddle friendly.

Ayse
  • aysemari
    Options

Flexeril
    Dear Ayse,

I'm sorry ... I've literally felt that pain. You can get smaller fills. I was only able to endure able 60ccs, and it got smaller the more filled I got.

Ask for some Flexeril. It is a muscle relaxer and if the valium isn't doing it, maybe the flexeril will. Are you taking any Tylenol? That will help. Also, take some ibuprofen ... because that will help with any inflammation.

The more I read I'm amazed at all the differing advice doctor's give. Interesting, VickiSam that you say no heat ice. My PS told me just the opposite, heat but no ice. He said that because of the reduction of blood flow, ice could be a problem ... so you'll need to ask your PS what he/she thinks. I used heat and it helped me.

Hang in there. You're going to make it! :)

[[gentle hugs]]
    dh

Like Heatherbelle
    I am impatient and just wanted to get this over and done with!!!
    So I have been getting 120cc's each time. I was doing fine up until
    now. You know what I say? I say OH WELL!!!

I took some oxycodone and that seemed to help..

At this point, nothing can get me down - I see the finish line bright and clear!!!

Ayse
  • aysemari
    Options
    jo jo said:

Awwwwh Ayse im sorry your in
    Awwwwh Ayse im sorry your in pain...but its your last one WHOO HOOO!

Jojo
    I HAD to join in WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

Ayse
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Oh my, you must of had some serious pain
    I sure hope you feel a little better. How long do you have to have them in?

Can you take something for the pain?

Praying the time goes by fast and you can get them out!

Sylvia
  • aysemari
    Options
    sea60 said:

Oh my, you must of had some serious pain
    I sure hope you feel a little better. How long do you have to have them in?

Can you take something for the pain?

Praying the time goes by fast and you can get them out!

Sylvia

Sylvia
    My exchange surgery is scheduled the end of september.

I take Valium to avoid muscle spasms and now have added
    oxycodone for the pain. And they seem to work in unison.

Thanks for caring.
    Ayse
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!
    You're almost to the finish line. I'm glad to hear you found some pain meds that seem to be helping, and hopefully today will be a better day for you.

I know we can't replace having your mommy there, but I'm sending you huge, gentle, mommy-like hugs.

Take care,
    Cindy