Here's what I've learned.....

Options
survives
survives Member Posts: 254 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ladies (and gents),

Last Thursday, when Laura posted her last post, I was one her sent her a "pm", and also contacted the Moderators. Today, I noticed that there are many best wishes and prayers being sent on Laura's (lolad) behalf. As well they should be, and I hope they continue.

However, I did ask the moderators if they could give us any news on Laura, and this is the reply that I was sent.

Hi,

I completely understand the continuing concern about this member but,
unfortunately, I am not able to disclose any information about her. I'm
truly sorry.

Best regards,
Greta

Your CSN Staff
American Cancer Society Cancer Survivors Network®

I knew that was probably going to be the answer I'd receive, but I had to try. As of today, I have not heard from our Laura. So, please keep her in your prayers, and hopefully, she will be well and will answer us in good time.

Jennifer

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jennifer
    Yes, we're all deeply concerned and hoping and praying for the best. We'll continue to do that.

Hugs, Renee
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Of course it would be a
    Of course it would be a HIPPA violation to disclose. But I am hoping for the best too.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Of course it would be a
    Of course it would be a HIPPA violation to disclose. But I am hoping for the best too.

Thank you Jennifer for
    Thank you Jennifer for contacting the moderators and thanks for posting what they wrote to you. I keep praying for Laura.

Hugs, Megan
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Thank you Jennifer for
    Thank you Jennifer for contacting the moderators and thanks for posting what they wrote to you. I keep praying for Laura.

Hugs, Megan

Thank you
    for doing that. One wonders..... and hopes.

Victoria
  • Megan M
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Thank you
    for doing that. One wonders..... and hopes.

Victoria

Jennifer, do you remember
    Jennifer, do you remember Laura posting about joining that organization to help other cancer patients? I wish I knew the name of it. I guess I could look for old posts of hers. I wonder if someone contacted them, if they could help us, or, if that would be going too far in invading her privacy.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Laura will remain in my
    Laura will remain in my prayers and thoughts I truly hope she is OK. Maybe when she is strong enough she will come back to us. Laura if you are reading this we all love you and wish you the best. Kay
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I'm not surprised
    by their answer because of Hippa laws. We all voiced our concerns. Whether Laura will ever post again remains to be seen. I just pray that she sought help.
    Char
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Thanks Jennifer
    Yes, we're all deeply concerned and hoping and praying for the best. We'll continue to do that.

Hugs, Renee

Thanks Jennifer! I am
    Thanks Jennifer! I am concerned for Laura and have been looking for something on here.

I will continue to pray for her.

Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

I'm not surprised
    by their answer because of Hippa laws. We all voiced our concerns. Whether Laura will ever post again remains to be seen. I just pray that she sought help.
    Char

Thank you, Jennifer ..
    Laura and her family will remain in my prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thank you, Jennifer ..
    Laura and her family will remain in my prayers.

Vicki Sam

Thank you Jennifer!!!!
    I can't thank you enough Jennifer for going the extra mile in trying to find out how Laura is. I am so worried and so upset about her.

I understand the moderators can't disclose too much. I just pray that somehow they were able to locate her to find out that she is doing well.

I will continue to add her to my prayers and I will try to think only positive!

Thank you again dear sister in pink!

Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Laura will remain in my
    Laura will remain in my prayers and thoughts I truly hope she is OK. Maybe when she is strong enough she will come back to us. Laura if you are reading this we all love you and wish you the best. Kay

Thank you for posting this
    Thank you for posting this Jennifer. I pray also that Laura sought help and is doing fine now.

Hugs!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

I'm not surprised
    Char

Thanks Jennifer! All of us
    Thanks Jennifer! All of us are so worried about her.

Hugs, Angie
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Yes, Thank you
    so much for posting. My heart aches for her and her family.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    jackiejhm said:

Yes, Thank you

I know all of your are concerned,
    and that's why I contacted the moderators. Being a newbie, I hope I don't come on as pushy, but the post was troubling. In time, Laura may come back, or, when the enormity of what she wrote hits, she may be so embarrassed that she may not. We do desperate things during desperate times, and bless her heart, she really was desperate. I think at the end of her rope.

So, Laura, if you're still out there.....even if you're just lurking....please let us know that you're ok. You're sisters are worried about you.

Jennifer

Ps--Megan? Sent you a pm!
  • Megan M
    Options
    survives said:

I know all of your are concerned,
    and that's why I contacted the moderators. Being a newbie, I hope I don't come on as pushy, but the post was troubling. In time, Laura may come back, or, when the enormity of what she wrote hits, she may be so embarrassed that she may not. We do desperate things during desperate times, and bless her heart, she really was desperate. I think at the end of her rope.

So, Laura, if you're still out there.....even if you're just lurking....please let us know that you're ok. You're sisters are worried about you.

Jennifer

Ps--Megan? Sent you a pm!

Yes, I got it and replied
    Yes, I got it and replied Jennifer. Thank you!

Hugs to you,

Megan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Yes, I got it and replied
    Yes, I got it and replied Jennifer. Thank you!

Hugs to you,

Megan

Thanks for contacting the
    Thanks for contacting the staff here and for posting the reply. Still worried and praying for Laura.

Hugs, Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    jackiejhm said:

Yes, Thank you

Thanks for the update on
    Thanks for the update on Laura! I wish that we were told more, but, I guess we have to just wait, praying she comes on to post.