I'm off to the hairdresser

Options
cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
tomorrow to get my head shaved. This morning they called with their friendly reminder about my appt. Up until 10:30 this morning I thought I would just have my hairdresser cut my hair short again but a half hour later I ran my hand through my hair and oh no, it's starting.... Within the next half hour I lost at least 2/3 of my hair. I now look older than my mother who is 82 with the exception of some very red ugly blemishes on my face. The picture of perfect health, NOT! I read Heatherbelle's post so now know what to do with the stubbly head. I'm hoping my head doesn't hurt though. My onco nurse warned me about folliculitis so I will tell my hairdresser to be careful how she shaves it. I'm not really upset about my hair but I'm horrified by the zits!
Char

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    So sorry Char :)
    Wishing you good luck at your hairdressers Char! I am so sorry that any of my sisters in pink ever have to go through this.

Sue :)
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Good luck!
    Good luck tomorrow! Trust me...you'll feel better once it's gone. The waiting and wondering if you're going to be the lucky one that doesn't lose their hair is over! Focus on the prize and you'll be fine!!

Patti
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Hair
    Char when you see your hairdresser tomorrow ask her to use a larger attachment...That might help eleviate the stubbly feeling......Also I found for me that not using shampoo and just a wash cloth and water worked just as well.....Sometimes if my scalp felt dirtier I would use my facial cleanser on it [but it is really mild]..
    Happy hair days to you....
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Hair
    Char when you see your hairdresser tomorrow ask her to use a larger attachment...That might help eleviate the stubbly feeling......Also I found for me that not using shampoo and just a wash cloth and water worked just as well.....Sometimes if my scalp felt dirtier I would use my facial cleanser on it [but it is really mild]..
    Happy hair days to you....

Good luck tomorrow!
    Hugs,

Good luck tomorrow!

Hugs, Megan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Good luck tomorrow!
    Hugs,

Good luck tomorrow!

Hugs, Megan

Sending you some strength
    Sending you some strength for tomorrow. I know it must be very difficult for you!

And, a few hugs too!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Sending you some strength
    Sending you some strength for tomorrow. I know it must be very difficult for you!

And, a few hugs too!

Char ... Positive attitude and prayers coming your way
    You are a beautiful women - with or without hair. Have you purchased any scarves or wigs?

Love you and your strength .. Continue the fight!

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    It is awful that you have to
    It is awful that you have to go through this. I am so sorry. But it will pass and your hair will come back. Hang in there! Sending healing energy your way!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Hopefully, your zits will go away soon. I'm sure that makes you feel much worse than your hair. Hugs, Jean
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    I did not have my head
    I did not have my head shaved. I used hair clippers to cut it as short as I could get and then my electric razor to shave it. I also used a lint roller to remove some of the loose stubil. My head did hurt some til I started using the lint roller.

Hugs

Donna
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Char good luck tomorrow and
    Char good luck tomorrow and sorry your loosing your hair at least you have a good attitude about it!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    aww i'm sorry it's started
    aww i'm sorry it's started coming out, believe me, i know how it feels...we'll be bald and zitty together until this crap's all done & over with ;)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I had a
    10am appt and wore my hat. When I took it off my hairdresser looked at me and said OMG you're white on top. I had so little hair left it only took her about 10 min to shave it all off and she didn't charge me so I gave her a nice tip! I put my hat back on and went to visit my mom. I think she was a bit surprised by my bald head. Then my sister came over on her lunch time and she wanted to see my bald head. I have to say my head is fairly smooth and smaller than I thought it would look. However, it does make my double chin look even bigger. After going home I sat on my front porch with no hat and read a book. I actually like the feeling of no hair. I normally have natural curl which frizzes in rain and humidity. The zits are looking a bit better today but a bald head and facial zits aren't too cute!

Oh, my husband of few words said I was B & B. When I asked him what he meant his reply was "Bald & Boobless". I think it's a good thing I look at all this turmoil with humor!
    Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

I had a
    10am appt and wore my hat. When I took it off my hairdresser looked at me and said OMG you're white on top. I had so little hair left it only took her about 10 min to shave it all off and she didn't charge me so I gave her a nice tip! I put my hat back on and went to visit my mom. I think she was a bit surprised by my bald head. Then my sister came over on her lunch time and she wanted to see my bald head. I have to say my head is fairly smooth and smaller than I thought it would look. However, it does make my double chin look even bigger. After going home I sat on my front porch with no hat and read a book. I actually like the feeling of no hair. I normally have natural curl which frizzes in rain and humidity. The zits are looking a bit better today but a bald head and facial zits aren't too cute!

Oh, my husband of few words said I was B & B. When I asked him what he meant his reply was "Bald & Boobless". I think it's a good thing I look at all this turmoil with humor!
    Char

Char
    Sounds like your day went pretty good and you handled it well. You go girl! Hugs, Jean