Husband update.... again

Options
okthen
okthen Member Posts: 232
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
First let me say to you all that I am so sorry to read about Donna's passing. She welcomed me on one of my first posts and like ya'll mention, I never forgot her smile...I posted condolences on her daughters thread, but wanted to let ya'll know that you're in my thoughts as well.

Hubby is grumpy and snarky..I am choosing to see this as a good sign. (0:

I helped him get up and clean up which he tolerated well. We then took a walk in the halls...he's desperate to get his bowels grumbling, he is very hungry. (another good sign)

I took the kids back up after school. Our daughter had to come home early today, she was very weepy. Seeing her Dad calmed her down, I am glad he was feeling good enough to see them.

He made my son promise that when we got home he would make sure I got myself in bed and "vegged". So here I am.

H&H is running low still, but vitals are good. Doc is watching close....

I just feel like I can't say thank you enough for all your prayers and good wishes. Your posts were very comforting to me last night.
God bless you all,
C.

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Grumpy and Snarky
    Sounds like a TV show:)

Those are great signs alright - I know how good it felt too to have the wife help me get cleaned up and showered too - makes you feel so human - nurses sponge ok, but nothing like having your spouse get all of those places you need to get.

I'm glad all is well and you are getting some rest - hope things continue to move in the right direction.

Folks hate hopsitals, but I've found that when you're out of surgery, they are places of comfort and care - nice to know you can get the care needed right away when it is needed.

Take care - Craig
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Grumpy is good!
    Glad to hear that hubby is up and around. Grumpy and snarky are ok, but remind him that when he gets better is it his turn to pamper you a bit.

Nice that the kids got to visit and sure it helped to see for themselves how he is doing.

Take care and give hubby well wishes from us for speedy recovery.

Marie who loves kitties
  • okthen
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Grumpy and Snarky
    Sounds like a TV show:)

Those are great signs alright - I know how good it felt too to have the wife help me get cleaned up and showered too - makes you feel so human - nurses sponge ok, but nothing like having your spouse get all of those places you need to get.

I'm glad all is well and you are getting some rest - hope things continue to move in the right direction.

Folks hate hopsitals, but I've found that when you're out of surgery, they are places of comfort and care - nice to know you can get the care needed right away when it is needed.

Take care - Craig

Thanks Craig! Wanted to tell
    Thanks Craig! Wanted to tell you that like Donna you were a member that really stood out to me when I first came to this board. Your truthfulness about all that you've been through, mixed with your humor really brought me into the next step of acceptance and the "get up and get with it" attitude that is needed. You are an awesome person and an inspiration! You take care too!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    I am really glad your
    I am really glad your husband is doing so well; up + walking so soon is excellent!
  • okthen
    Options

Grumpy is good!
    Glad to hear that hubby is up and around. Grumpy and snarky are ok, but remind him that when he gets better is it his turn to pamper you a bit.

Nice that the kids got to visit and sure it helped to see for themselves how he is doing.

Take care and give hubby well wishes from us for speedy recovery.

Marie who loves kitties

Marie who loves kitties
    Marie who loves kitties (that makes me smile),

I can see that grumpy and snarky could become a habit (o; I will have all the patience in the world... you're right though, he owes me for a gallbladder removal. haha
    Seriously though...I am definitely one of the lucky ones in life.....my husband has spoiled me from day one...(o:
  • okthen
    Options
    AnneCan said:

I am really glad your
    I am really glad your husband is doing so well; up + walking so soon is excellent!

Yes, I thought after all
    Yes, I thought after all that last night it would be another day or so before he had the strength to walk...he called me after I got home and told me he had walked again. I'm very proud of him!!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    okthen said:

Yes, I thought after all
    Yes, I thought after all that last night it would be another day or so before he had the strength to walk...he called me after I got home and told me he had walked again. I'm very proud of him!!

SNARKY...Wait til Kerry gets back
    He would have a hoot with that word....Snarky, I am thinking chitty and barky mixed...close ?
    Love to you and yours ...its time to rest for a while....Buzz