uh-oh Second Opinion on my reoccurance

Options
124»

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

a DR that we like and feel
    a DR that we like and feel comfortable with is secondary to their skill level, experience with the type of cancer we have, how well they communicate what treatments are required, and how quickly and thoroughly he/she responds to your questions. And always be open with DR with all symptoms and concerns you may have

Meena
    hoping all went well with the PET scan today. I'm expecting to hear about my results when I see my oncologist Tuesday for my 2nd round of chemo. I will let you know. Thinking of you and what you're going through. {{hugs}}
    Char
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    24242 said:

Why second opinion
    I am not sure I agree with doctor about unnecessary mastectomy just from that visit and yes you have major concerns and they should be delt with. If you go for second opinion because you don't like something about your doctor then maybe a third opinion would help sort it out though I do not know how that works.
    I never did the second opinion because I knew in my soul the answer for me and didn't even doctors to know I had cancer. They had trouble believing it could be so wouldn't even diagnostically check. I hope you find what you need to do for yourself as well as finding the doctor your most comfortable with.
    My double mastectomies, chemo and radiation have saved me my life for the past 14 years. I should have had MRI's in 2003 and finally got one done in 2010 and Yes it showed problems there but not cancer thank goodness for me and I can only hope you too have great diagnostic outcome my friend.
    This is truly about us and what we can see and do for ourselves so go with your gutt feeling for it is truly right one...
    Tara

Hoping everything went well
    Hoping everything went well with your PET scan Meena!

Hugs, Angie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Hoping everything went well
    Hoping everything went well with your PET scan Meena!

Hugs, Angie

How did your PET scan go
    How did your PET scan go Meena? Do you know anything yet?

Praying for you,

Megan