Nano "cluster bomb" to deliver chemo solely to the inside of cancer cells

Options
coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Developed by researchers in Israel, "a nano-sized vehicle with the ability to deliver chemotheraphy drugs directly into cancer cells while avoiding interaction with healthy cells."
The nano-vehicle "is made from organic materials which fully decompose in the body once it has performed its function, making the treatment safer than current theraphies."....Unfortunately, it may take two years "from the lab to clinical trials."

as per sciencedaily, posted today......This is but one recently published article on advances being made in nanotechnology as a means to defeat cancer.......steve

Comments

• John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Isn't it odd....
    Isn't it odd....

That herbs that have been used for thousands of years, and have been
    noted for being able to stop a cancer cell from getting the protein it
    needs for survival goes totally ignored, while nanotechnology is headlined?

(Oh wait..... there's no money in "herbs".... is there..)

Oh well, what's a few more years of clinical trials? What's the hurry, anyway?
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Steve
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If this can truly target cells and avoid damaging healthy cells that would be amazing.
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Steve
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If this can truly target cells and avoid damaging healthy cells that would be amazing.

Please, Please, Please
    Tell me which herbs will kill my cancer and I will promote the hell out of them. I'll tattoo them on my face. I hear all this crap about herbs that cure cancer. Yet thousands of folks die everyday from cancer. I have stage 4 colon cancer, what tea can I drink?, What herb can I take, smoke, shove up my butt, stick under my fingernails? I promise you I will take it. Millions die every year in china from cancer, if the answer is in China why are so many dying? I'm not opposed to TCM, but come on. Nanotechnology will cure cancer. You can bet every thing you own on that. The cure is just a few years down the road. I am currently benefitting from nanotechnology. Abraxane is an albumin bound nanoparticle of chemo. I'm truly don't care what others do to treat themselves with this disease. But the sharing of knowledge is essential. Please feel free to share any knowledge of a cure with us.
  • damama24
    damama24 Member Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    snommintj said:

Please, Please, Please
    Tell me which herbs will kill my cancer and I will promote the hell out of them. I'll tattoo them on my face. I hear all this crap about herbs that cure cancer. Yet thousands of folks die everyday from cancer. I have stage 4 colon cancer, what tea can I drink?, What herb can I take, smoke, shove up my butt, stick under my fingernails? I promise you I will take it. Millions die every year in china from cancer, if the answer is in China why are so many dying? I'm not opposed to TCM, but come on. Nanotechnology will cure cancer. You can bet every thing you own on that. The cure is just a few years down the road. I am currently benefitting from nanotechnology. Abraxane is an albumin bound nanoparticle of chemo. I'm truly don't care what others do to treat themselves with this disease. But the sharing of knowledge is essential. Please feel free to share any knowledge of a cure with us.

Herbs
    Snommintj you have taken the word right out of my mouth. Just I wasn't brave enough to write the words. I don't want to start anything, but I feel like you do. I too am stage 4 and if there is a cure out there please share.
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    damama24 said:

Herbs
    Snommintj you have taken the word right out of my mouth. Just I wasn't brave enough to write the words. I don't want to start anything, but I feel like you do. I too am stage 4 and if there is a cure out there please share.

Don't count TCM out
    Ok, my last post came off a little one sided. Do not underestimate the power and efficacy of TCM. I do believe that it works on multiple levels, by limiting cancer cell growth and alleviating symptoms caused by cancer and chemo. Please, if you are having symptoms please look into TCM, it has its place in this battle. But it is not a cure. Has it cured cancer before. I have little doubt that it has. But there are millions for whom it does not cure. This fight needs to be fought on many levels and with every tool and weapon we can devise until they figure out how to nuke this stuff from our body. Until then, we keep up the fight with any and every weapon we can find.