Shaved my head tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

It's only hair!!
    I had my daughter shave my head last Nov. while going thru chemo. I was scared but decided that at the time it was the only thing "I" has control over. Docs were telling my "do this", "start that treatment" etc. When I was first bald I wore a hat whenever I went out, but never around the house.I finished all treatment in April 2010 and I went for my first haircut this past Sat.( mind you it's still very short, and the cut just evened everything up). You'll get used to your new "look" and so will others.When you look in the mirror, just remember "CONTROL". (((((HUGS))))) Gail

I know that when you lose
    I know that when you lose your hair, the last thing you want to hear is that it will grow back, BUT, it will Heather. Just focus on how the chemo is killing the cancer so you will live a long and healthy life!

Hugs, Megan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Sending Hugs!
    I'll bet your Pink Mowhawk looked cool - Did you take a picture before you buzzed the rest?

I also didn't cry as much as I thought I would when hubby shaved my head (New Year's Day 2010), but this afternoon I'm going for my first trim after it has started to grow back - YEA!!! It's still pretty short, but it came in so curly that I just need help figuring out what to do with it.

Freak out to your heart's content - You've earned it.

Just come back when you can to let us know how you're doing.

HUGZ,
    Cindy

Pink mohawk? Sounds good to
    Pink mohawk? Sounds good to me! And, like the others said, freak out if you want. You have earned that right.

Hugs, Diane
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi Heather
    Im sorry it got

Hi Heather
    Im sorry it got to the point you were loosing it...meaning your hair.
    I'll have to see if you posted any pics on FB...i havent been on there in awhile.
    I bet it looked really cool with a hot pink mohawk...LOL!
    I lost my hair last winter and im always cold anyway but man i was freezing when i lost mine. I just got warm fuzzy soft hats for winter, it seemed to do the trick and the summer of course bandannas.
    Im sure you still look adaorable even bald!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi Heather
    Im sorry it got

Hi Heather
    Im sorry it got to the point you were loosing it...meaning your hair.
    I'll have to see if you posted any pics on FB...i havent been on there in awhile.
    I bet it looked really cool with a hot pink mohawk...LOL!
    I lost my hair last winter and im always cold anyway but man i was freezing when i lost mine. I just got warm fuzzy soft hats for winter, it seemed to do the trick and the summer of course bandannas.
    Im sure you still look adaorable even bald!

Hey JoJo!
    Nooo - i sure

Hey JoJo!
    Nooo - i sure didn't post any pics on FB - i have a mohawk one on my cell phone that i need to download to my laptop - i might put it on here...actually knowing me, i'll prob end up putting one up on FB too, but NOT a bald one lol! I've had to turn the air conditioning temperature down a few times because i would get sooo cold...i really don't like it but i guess i'm getting used to it..i had a plastic surgeon appt this afternoon & wore a wig - not a full on one but it's a black fabric headband with a cute brown bob attached - i actually felt pretty comfortable in it. I also wear bandanas around the house. I haven't let myself get depressed about it because, really, there's nothing I can do about it - but can I just say again how much i DISLIKE having no hair?? I did get another fill today - and THIS one, I felt lol...this one's the turning point, lol, i can see the difference now i have boobs again! And they're big! I'm sure i wont be so excited in another month or so after a few more fills but i have boobs again!!! And cleavage! Nice cleavage!! I'm at 450cc now, I get 100cc every 2 weeks :)
  • SDickerson
    SDickerson Member Posts: 44
    Options

Hey JoJo!
    Nooo - i sure

Hey JoJo!
    Nooo - i sure didn't post any pics on FB - i have a mohawk one on my cell phone that i need to download to my laptop - i might put it on here...actually knowing me, i'll prob end up putting one up on FB too, but NOT a bald one lol! I've had to turn the air conditioning temperature down a few times because i would get sooo cold...i really don't like it but i guess i'm getting used to it..i had a plastic surgeon appt this afternoon & wore a wig - not a full on one but it's a black fabric headband with a cute brown bob attached - i actually felt pretty comfortable in it. I also wear bandanas around the house. I haven't let myself get depressed about it because, really, there's nothing I can do about it - but can I just say again how much i DISLIKE having no hair?? I did get another fill today - and THIS one, I felt lol...this one's the turning point, lol, i can see the difference now i have boobs again! And they're big! I'm sure i wont be so excited in another month or so after a few more fills but i have boobs again!!! And cleavage! Nice cleavage!! I'm at 450cc now, I get 100cc every 2 weeks :)

Brave
    Heather:

Your are brave. I couldn't shave my head. I just cut my hair down and let it fall out. I was also very upset when my hair fell out. I never thought I would have been so upset about hair, but I was. It is now starting to grow back and I am happy. But I will start a trail study of chemo next week and not sure if it will continue to grow or fall out.

Praying for you and your family,
    Shannon
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options

Hey JoJo!
    Nooo - i sure

Hey JoJo!

LOL...you crack me up...its
    LOL...you crack me up...its nice having boobs again aint it...but dang girl 450 cc's ...i ended up with 410 cc's and i thought i was big. I couldnt imagine carring around that much in those expanders...those rocks get heavy after awhile...if you go swimming you'll sink so stay away from the water...hehe!