Facebook

Options
StacyGleaso
StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
You know, I have been losing more friends on Facebook through death....I would much rather lose them because they "unfriended" me due to my speaking without a filter and merely offending them...

For those of you still active in the battle...stay strong. For those of you with many years of NED on your resumes, congratulations. For those of you missing a loved one, I'm so sorry.

I love all you guys!

Hugs,
Stacy

P.S. Did I mention how much survivor's guilt sucks?

Comments

• khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    Stacy,
    I know how you feel

Stacy,
    I know how you feel about survivor's guilt. I just posted yesterday that I had a clear scan and all is great, then today came with the devestating news about Donna. The emotional roller coaster that I am on right now is frightening.
    I too love all of you, you have helped me in ways you can never imagine!!
    Kathy
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Stacy
    I can only imagine what survivor's guilt feels like; I am still deep in this battle + trying to take it one day at a time. One thing I do know, though is the stories like yours of long-term survivors, are what give me strength + hope when things seem impossible. I cling to these stories to keep me focused at times. Thanks for your inspirational words.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Stacy
    I can only imagine what survivor's guilt feels like; I am still deep in this battle + trying to take it one day at a time. One thing I do know, though is the stories like yours of long-term survivors, are what give me strength + hope when things seem impossible. I cling to these stories to keep me focused at times. Thanks for your inspirational words.

Beautiful words!
    Don't feel guilty at all!
    To feel guilty is probably our goal! so....
    Best.
    Pepe.
    Barcelona.
  • Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Beautiful words!
    Don't feel guilty at all!
    To feel guilty is probably our goal! so....
    Best.
    Pepe.
    Barcelona.

Please don't feel guilty!!
    This is out of your control as much as it is our of the control for those who are still fighting this battle:) I'm 28 years old and have stage 4 rectal cancer but I admire and need you long term survivors to reassure my hope that I too can be disease free for many years. You make it easier for me to continue treatment so Thank You for your encouragement and support :)
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    Lilmiss82 said:

Please don't feel guilty!!
    This is out of your control as much as it is our of the control for those who are still fighting this battle:) I'm 28 years old and have stage 4 rectal cancer but I admire and need you long term survivors to reassure my hope that I too can be disease free for many years. You make it easier for me to continue treatment so Thank You for your encouragement and support :)

Please
    If I ever get rid of this disease I won't feel guilty at all. My motto will be "better you than me!" I say that knowing full well I'll probably always have colon cancer. We'll see how I feel if I ever get NED again. Until then that's my story!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Guilt
    Stacy,

I understand so well. I not only have survivor's guilt, but I also feel like I have been skating through, due to being diagnosed at Stage 1.

I'm so glad you're here, and that you're doing well.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Survivor's guilt lessened
    I have suffered from survivor's guilt from the very beginning because I was diagnosed as Stage 1. ( My gastro says I'm the poster child for early detection.) That's why I don't post a lot. Through the cancer support group that a friend and I founded at our church, I have come to realize that I am still here for a reason and shouldn't feel guilty. There are still things that God wants me to do on this earth. That has lessened my survivor's guilt.
    Joy
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    G'day mate
    I can think of a million good reasons why I should be dead and absolutely none as to why I am still alive. Why is it so??????
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

G'day mate
    I can think of a million good reasons why I should be dead and absolutely none as to why I am still alive. Why is it so??????

I'm the same....ROFL!
    But, I don't question too much, just enjoy the time I have...I never know, that's what the beast has taught to me...

Hugs to all of us!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

I'm the same....ROFL!
    But, I don't question too much, just enjoy the time I have...I never know, that's what the beast has taught to me...

Hugs to all of us!

Hugs, Kathi

I can tell ya why ron50.......
    cause theres a helluva bunch more fish out there with your name on em........LOL.....Im like you my friend, if I can't fish, then why in the hell am I doing all this chemo for ? Ron, may your days of salt and sea foam be many, and catch be bountiful, and days of bad fishing and foul weather be few...but always remember my friend......

.......fishing beats the hell out of work anyday !!!...........Love to ya Captn'...Buzz
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Gosh, Stacy!
    I agree with what everyone else has said. We need you here, as well as the other survivors of stage III and IV. Your stories are the only, and i mean ONLY thing that's keeping me from believing i'm going to die from this. I'm freaked out after getting two recurrences within three months of each other, and i am having doubts i can beat this. But i know i can because of you, Emily, Lisa P....I know it's hard to watch so many of your friends die from this, and not run in the other direction screaming "never again!" Thank you for sticking around so long and inspiring us.

Hugs,
    Krista
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

G'day mate

LOL!!
    i know, Ron, you and Emily are probably the oldest veterans still active on this board! God bless your little hearts for helping us cancer riddled youngens battle on!