quick update on my husband

Options
okthen
okthen Member Posts: 232
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Doc said there was about 1/2 liter of blood in his colon...still unsure where it came from, maybe collected during surgery....nothing actively bleeding while he was back in... He was transferred to ICU so I was unable to stay in his room with him, would have had to sleep in waiting room. I had my gallbladder out last Friday and was feeling pretty rough myself so I whimped out and came home about midnight. Called this morning, he was doing "fine" his nurse said.

Headed back there now. Thank you all for your support, it means the world to me.

Not sure if the best thing is to start new threads or respond on the old one??

Comments

• ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Glad
    He is doing better this morning. Keep us up to date if you can

Kathy
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    Options
    Thanks
    Thanks for letting us know and glad you got some rest as well.

Catherine
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Glad he is 'fine'
    The unexplained is always difficult, but hopefully they have now got all under control and hubby will make great strides in improving.

It sounds like you are running on low yourself. You must take care of yourself, and store strength for the day when husband gets to come home.

Starting a new thread is good because it gets it right up there for us to see the subject...but updating the old is good too. You know us...we are easy.

Take care of yourself and give your husband our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Marie who loves kitties
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'll take "fine" the day
    I'll take "fine" the day after surgery (ies) any day. Fine today. Better tomorrow. Pretty soon he'll be feeling great.
    "Whimped out?" Give yourself a break. It sounds to me like you're doing everything you need to do.
    Take care - Roger
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    Crow71 said:

I'll take "fine" the day
    I'll take "fine" the day after surgery (ies) any day. Fine today. Better tomorrow. Pretty soon he'll be feeling great.
    "Whimped out?" Give yourself a break. It sounds to me like you're doing everything you need to do.
    Take care - Roger

So Happy to hear he is fine
    So Happy to hear he is fine this morning. Take care of yourself, he is going to really need you when he comes home. REST, REST, REST!!!!

Hugs,
    Kathy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    So sorry to hear of the complications on your husband's surgery. Glad that he is stable now. Sounds like you have have your share of surgery and recovery too. Hopefully your husband can now start on the road to complete recovery and you too. You need to take care of yourself right now while your husband is still in the hospital because he will need you when he gets home. May strength and recovery come to you both soon.

Kim
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    Options
    hang in there
    Hang in there. Your husband will be fine. Sending my prayers and good vibes your way.
    My husband was hospitalized for 28 days last month. It was horible. He finally came back home. So I can relate to how difficult it is for you. But hang in there. Stay strong. - Lucy
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear he's fine. You
    Glad to hear he's fine. You need to take care of yourself also. You won't be any good to him without proper rest. Hope you are both up and around soon.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    That's good news
    I'm so glad you went home and rested some. You need to take care of yourself, too! It's great to hear that your husband is doing well after the surgery. I pray he'll get better every day.

*hugs*
    Gail