Can you relate

Options
Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It's been a year since my NED and I go the doctor on Wednesday to check my blood. Today was a weird day, I slept all day. I wandered from room to room and just feel asleep. My grand daughter followed me around and did the same thing. I called my daughter to come over because I could not keep awake. My husband came home and I was sleeping the couch. I heard my cell phone ring and it was my other daughter, the next thing I know, my husband hearing someone saying hello, hello are you there. He looked over at me and I was asleep on the phone. I even had a light snore going on. That was TOTALLY strange, I don't know what was going on.

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Weird
    You sure you didn't take some kind of medicine that made you sleepy?

*hugs*
    Gail
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Sometimes
    Just sometimes our bodies take over our minds. I was sitting vigil for my dear sweet cousin Richard for the past few days. When I got up this morning in his room, I couldn't walk right, I stumbled, I almost fell over trying to get on the toilet. I went and got a coffee and came back to his room and as I tried to sit back down, I spilt my coffee all over his bed. (Oh my gosh the guilt!!!). I thought to myself I'm drunk. I had nothing to drink, but it seemed like this morning I had put back a few. I kept wondering what is wrong with me??? I couldn't walk a straight line.
    Go figure what our body does sometimes, defies explanation!!
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Sometimes
    Just sometimes our bodies take over our minds. I was sitting vigil for my dear sweet cousin Richard for the past few days. When I got up this morning in his room, I couldn't walk right, I stumbled, I almost fell over trying to get on the toilet. I went and got a coffee and came back to his room and as I tried to sit back down, I spilt my coffee all over his bed. (Oh my gosh the guilt!!!). I thought to myself I'm drunk. I had nothing to drink, but it seemed like this morning I had put back a few. I kept wondering what is wrong with me??? I couldn't walk a straight line.
    Go figure what our body does sometimes, defies explanation!!

OMG!
    OMG! I took Benadryl and didn't even know it! I always put my meds in the same place and didn't even look at what I was taking.....good thing it wasn't anything else. Dummy me! That was a trip!
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

OMG!
    OMG! I took Benadryl and didn't even know it! I always put my meds in the same place and didn't even look at what I was taking.....good thing it wasn't anything else. Dummy me! That was a trip!

oh Nana
    I had to laugh at that one - sorry. Thank goodness it wasn't anything else - but I've had that happen to me before also - that's why I am laughing.
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Options
    Nana b said:

OMG!

The sleepies
    You are not alone with this one. My husband took what he thought was Tylenol, then he said he was feeling really weird. I was about ready to take him to the ER when I thought-you know there is some Tylenol PM in the cabinet-sure enough that is what he took. The next day he was fine.
    (I have other stories about his medicine miss adventures but we will leave that for another time!)
    My son also took some benadryl thinking it was the same thing as Sudafed-he fell asleep on a ladies drive way He was at her house to mow the lawn.

So glad you are o.k.!
    Jan