Having PET scan

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
tomorrow at 1:00pm. I can't eat after tonight. Bummer! I was told to arrive at 12:30. I've had several scans done before - bone density, MRIs, CTs but this will be the first PET. I'm not concerned about the scan itself but will be anxious to see if it will show anything.
Char

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Good luck Char,
    Will be thinking about you tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Keep us posted. Don't you hate not being able to eat the day of your procedures. I am a breakfast person, so it's really hard for me. Hugs, Jean
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Good Luck Char
    I'm really curious too how you are doing for real, I think you and I and jk1952 are the few on here that have had ILC, it scares me knowing I have this, but what can I do?
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Good luck Char,
    Will be thinking about you tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Keep us posted. Don't you hate not being able to eat the day of your procedures. I am a breakfast person, so it's really hard for me. Hugs, Jean

PET
    Nothing to it! The hardest for me was the MRI - so long and uncomfortable! I always take the early morning times since I don't eat in the middle of the night anyway (usually, lol). My doctor did the PET within a couple of days of the MRI because he said it gives them a much better look at everything. Here's hoping yours looks great!

Marsha
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Good Luck Char
    I'm really curious too how you are doing for real, I think you and I and jk1952 are the few on here that have had ILC, it scares me knowing I have this, but what can I do?

Good Luck on your Pet scan,
    Good Luck on your Pet scan, I will be sending positive vibes your way
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Wishing you good news with
    Wishing you good news with your pet scan. Prayers going out to you.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Char i hope your PET Scan
    Char i hope your PET Scan turned out ok...prayin for ya!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    jo jo said:

Char i hope your PET Scan
    Char i hope your PET Scan turned out ok...prayin for ya!

The PET scan
    went just fine with the exception of my bad veins. The poor girl couldn't find a good vein to give me the radioactive glucose injection. The 3rd time was a go with my left hand. Ouch! Then I had to sit quietly for 45 min while the stuff went through my body. Then I laid on a skinny table in the "chamber". I'm not claustrophobic so no problems. I left my house at 11:50am and returned at 3:10pm. The machine is so expensive my hospital doesn't own it. It was in a mobile unit outside the hospital on a rental basis. Pretty cool :-0 I'm hoping my oncologist will have the results when I go for my 2nd chemo next Tuesday.
    Char
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Good luck Char,

Wishing you good luck
    Wishing you good luck Char!

Hugs, Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    meena1 said:

Good Luck on your Pet scan,
    Good Luck on your Pet scan, I will be sending positive vibes your way

Wishing you luck too on your
    Wishing you luck too on your scan!