I'm DONE with chemo .. My story

Options
2»

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Vicki you were diagnosed
    Vicki you were diagnosed exactly 2 months before me (mine was oct 14)...no wonder why were so close in our process.
    You have definately been down the rough road and im just so glad you were there for me during all my weird little corks...cuz you had some weird corks yourself so you could relate. Cancer is a very emotional road as well and reaccurrance i think thats always going to be in the back of our minds...i know it is mine and i havent even had my dance with NED yet!
    Out of all you been thru your attitude is very uplifting and inspirational and i just love your sense of humor.

Awh Thanksgiving day diner...yum, yum...your mixture of food sounds great...i like you didnt get a good thanksgiving last year cuz i just had surgery 2 days before and i dont even remember it cuz of the morphine i was still on. At least youll be able to eat and taste your food this year!

Your a great warrior!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    ~Great!~
    Vicki what a journey you have been through and come out the other side declaring yourself a Warrior which you most certainly are! I am sure at the start of this journey there were no warrior thoughts in your mind, how far you have come. Congratulations, may you have many, many more years of NED and dancing!

*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ RE
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Vicki, I had no idea.
    I am humbled and inspired by you.

Sue
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Vicki, I had no idea.
    I am humbled and inspired by you.

Sue

Vicki Sam.....a true
    Vicki Sam.....a true survivor. You have gone through tremendous adversity, and come out on the other side. Now it's time to celebrate and live. Hugs, Judy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Good riddance Chemo!!
    Celebrating with you Sister!!

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    natly15 said:

Oh yes Vicki, you are one
    Oh yes Vicki, you are one heck of a warrior and survivor!! When we were both in the throws of chemo, you had one post that I'll never forget. You talked about the side efforts and had some simple solutions for me. You were so real and told it like it is/was. I found out from you that we can get severe constipation ( how flattering-- glorious chemo constipation) and I learned that apple sauce was certainly on the list of gourmet foods immediately after chemo. I lived on apple sauce, toast and crackers, and I thank you for that. :)

I'm not NED yet, but hoping to hear something next week. I need some improvement in the food department, but I am exercising. I agree we do all we can do, enjoy every beautiful day given to us, and leave the outcome to a power greater than ourselves.

Getting back to this new normal is a bit challenging for me. I as you, do not want to deny what has happened, I think I've accepted it, but I continue to have conflict with this "new normal". I was always a "doer" and I'm trying to adjust to sometimes just being a "be-er". Thank you for sharing your sequence of events. You are and have been very special to me and these boards.

You give as much to this
    You give as much to this board VickiSam as you take away. You are one courageous warrior!