House cleaning party...I survived!

allmost60
allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
Wow...what a great day...great lunch, and great bunch of friends!!! The house cleaning part went real fast and from noon on we just ate lunch, played music, even danced some disco steps to the Bee Gee's... well...we sorta danced... we laughed our butts off trying to remember how to to do the bump and the hustle...ha! (that sure dates me...ha!) The best part of today was when we all settled down out back on the patio and talked about our fears of me having cancer. Everyone was able to share what the scariest part of this is to them, and how we will get through it. Felt good to talk it all out and not worry about anything we had to say. We all had a good cry, took some deep breaths, and decided we would just take it one day at a time....together. Hubby poked his head out the door to say he brought home a big cherry cheesecake...I never saw 5 women try to squeeze through a patio door so fast in all of my life! Anyways...I'm exhausted...but it's a "good" exhausted! Now a peaceful Sunday...Ahhhhhh
Love...Sue

Comments

• vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    great day
    Sounds like a great day! That's why we fight this, to me it puts everything in perspective. Have a great Sunday Sue, Vinny
  • GalacDad
    GalacDad Member Posts: 40
    Good for you.
    Sue,
    Sounds like it was quite the get toether.Glad it was a great time.
    Dave
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    Happy for you
    So happy your day was so much fun. When I was reading your post it felt like something out of "Steel Magnolias" or "The Divine Secrets Of The Ya Ya Sisterhood". I laughed out loud! Thanks for the entertainment. I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Mary
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Ahh Clean
    Hi Sue,
    So glad you had a wonderful and clean Saturday. Sounds like you have a bunch of great gal friends. And a super husband. He sounds a lot like my guy. Always bringing home a treat for me and him to indulge in...
    I'll be thinking only good things for you this week. You are such a strong lady, even on the very difficult days.
    Keep us posted.
    Lisha
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    forme said:

Ahh Clean
    Hi Sue,
    So glad you had a wonderful and clean Saturday. Sounds like you have a bunch of great gal friends. And a super husband. He sounds a lot like my guy. Always bringing home a treat for me and him to indulge in...
    I'll be thinking only good things for you this week. You are such a strong lady, even on the very difficult days.
    Keep us posted.
    Lisha

Friends
    Sue, You truely have some wonderful friends. You and they are really blessed. Glad your day went well, that you had a great lunch and a clean house. Your like me in that I'd have been cleaning before they came to clean too. I wrote you a super long email on having a port and a very slender chest but the nasty computer ate it. I punched the wrong key and than was too pissed to re do it. Oh well, just look out for bra straps and seat belt straps, ouch! Good luck I'll be thinking of you. Us purple internaljewelry people have to stick together, LOL. That's what my surgeon who put the port in called it, lovely purple jewelry. Leslie