I lost my boyfriend.

Options
nancyivb
nancyivb Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
I posted on this board back in mid July after finding out my boyfriend's EC had spread during the first round of chemo and radiation. We had such hope that was more that could be done. He started Folfox chemo and unfortunately it did nothing. His blood stopped clotting, he got an infection, his cancer spread to his liver and kidneys and he passed away on Wednesday. My wish is for everyone that is fighting or has a loved one that is fighting this horrible disease have the results we wished for but weren't able to make happen. I only posted once, but have been reading these posts for months and believe it is what helped me get through the daily nightmare I was living. Thanks to all and good luck with your continued fight.

Comments

• zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Options
    So sorry
    I am so sorry he lost the fight , And that you had to go thru this. I know it is hard on the ones left behind. But you can be a voice to carry on the fight. It breaks my heart each time I hear some one passed away. Another person I did not get a cahnce to know.
    He was lucky to have you on his side and to care for him.
    So very sorry for you.
    Jennie
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So Very Sorry
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you. You were a brave and strong women for sticking by your boyfriend through such an awful ordeal. I'm sure he felt and knew how much you loved him.

Prayers for peace and strength for you in the coming days, weeks, months. May the fact that he is no longer in pain or suffering be of some comfort to you.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • tb7
    tb7 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Heartfelt wishes . . .
    Hi Nancy,

I am also so sorry to hear your news. May you take comfort in happier times and memories. This is a such a difficult disease, with so many people impacted and so many having different experiences. Some seem to respond so well to treatment while others do not, and we do not know the reasons for this. We can only hope that the future will be better and easier for patients that follow us. I know that is no consolation for your loss earlier this week, but I do hope that you and your boyfriend's family know that a loss of one is a loss for all in this battle. We all hope for such good results when we come on to this site and post. I lost a brother when I was young, and my parents said that the angels were lonely and called him to play. I hope you can think of your boyfriend this way and that you will forever remember what he meant to you and how he enriched your life.

Warm wishes and hugs, always . . .

Trisha
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Nancy, So sorry to hear
    Nancy, So sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I pray for
    God to give you comfort as you go on without him. You have had a learning experience in the few months since the diagnosis. Please continue to pass the word on to anyone that suffers from acid reflux to seek medical help, and don't let the Dr.s put you off with meds. It's important to know what the cause of the reflux is---demand testing. We as suvivors and caregivers cam past the word on about this dreadful disease. A lot of us didn't know what the esophagus was until we were diagnosed.
    My thoughts and prayers go with you,
    Sandra
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    sandy1943 said:

Nancy, So sorry to hear
    Nancy, So sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I pray for
    God to give you comfort as you go on without him. You have had a learning experience in the few months since the diagnosis. Please continue to pass the word on to anyone that suffers from acid reflux to seek medical help, and don't let the Dr.s put you off with meds. It's important to know what the cause of the reflux is---demand testing. We as suvivors and caregivers cam past the word on about this dreadful disease. A lot of us didn't know what the esophagus was until we were diagnosed.
    My thoughts and prayers go with you,
    Sandra

Nancy,
    I am so sorry to hear

Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear the news about your boyfriend. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers I know right now words are empty as I am sure your heart is breaking. This cancer is so relentless and cruel. I am sure that even though you didn't have much time when you found each other again that these last three years were precious to both of you and that you stood by him during this terrible time made all the difference in the world.

May you find comfort in your wonderful memories and the love you shared and your family and friends and your faith.

Hugs to you,
    Cindy
  • dragonflymom
    dragonflymom Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Hugs and prayers to you. I'm
    Hugs and prayers to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that we will keep you in prayer and that the hole in your heart will heal at it's own pace and that the memories you have of your boyfriend will keep him alive.

Amy