Finally starting chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• Calaudian
    Calaudian Member Posts: 2
    Options

I will be thinking of you.
    I will be thinking of you. and praying for you. What are you getting for Chemo? I am on Herceptin, carboplatin, taxotere. I imagined it worse then it really was. Best of luck to ya. Take care Kay

your regimen
    I will be getting the same regiment as you. How do you find it? Did you have nausea or any of the other side effects? when did you first lose your hair?

thank you!
    christine
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Wishin you good luck on
    Wishin you good luck on Monday!

Just saying that I hope you
    Just saying that I hope you are doing well on chemo! Check in and let us know!

Hugs, Jan
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Thanks, all!
    Thank you all for all your support!

The first one was really rough - I had a reaction to the taxotere and it had to be stopped while they gave me more steriods and Benadryl. They started the taxotere again at a very slow rate and slowly ramped it up again. Again, the reaction began again and they cut the speed in half. The cytoxin went without a hitch. The headache and chest pain I got from the taxotere was incredibly intense.

I saw my onc's nurse practioner on Friday (he's out of town) because of racing heart rate (105 at rest) and numbness in my one foot. She said to take it easy and things should be better by Monday or Tuesday.

I woke up this morning feeling decent for the first time. Hopefully all will be uphill from here. I do see my onc. before the next treatment.
  • QuiltingMama123
    Options
    Thanks, all!
    Hate the double click!
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Options

Thanks, all!

The first one was really rough - I had a reaction to the taxotere and it had to be stopped while they gave me more steriods and Benadryl. They started the taxotere again at a very slow rate and slowly ramped it up again. Again, the reaction began again and they cut the speed in half. The cytoxin went without a hitch. The headache and chest pain I got from the taxotere was incredibly intense.

I saw my onc's nurse practioner on Friday (he's out of town) because of racing heart rate (105 at rest) and numbness in my one foot. She said to take it easy and things should be better by Monday or Tuesday.

I woke up this morning feeling decent for the first time. Hopefully all will be uphill from here. I do see my onc. before the next treatment.

That's exactly what happened
    That's exactly what happened to me with the Taxotere. I felt it in my mid-section & by the time I could raise my hand to notify the nurses, I thought my head was gonna explode. Fortunately my hubby & person in the next chair saw my tomato red head & the nurses really were fast in stopping the IV, giving benedryl and starting slowly. Each subsequent treatment I remind them of my reaction and I think they give me extra benedryl and start the taotere slowly and have a tray of emergency meds there. But since the first, everything went fine.

That reaction sure doesn't feel good.

Good luck, Cindy
  • 2Sunny
    2Sunny Member Posts: 5
    Options
    chemo
    My oncotype was 21. I started chemo Aug. 25th. It was followed up by Neulasta the following day. When will the 'achy's' abate? I feel like I have the flu. No problem with nauseau though.

What is Claritin for during chemo?
  • QuiltingMama123
    Options
    Thanks, all!
    Yikes!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Sorry to hear
    your first Taxotere caused such a reaction. Glad though that the onco nurse was able to control the problem. I didn't have any reaction to any of it, thank goodness!

For me the achy feeling after the Neulasta shot started on day 3 and lasted 3 days.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Thanks, all!

Praying that it will be all
    Praying that it will be all uphill for you from now on!

Hugs, Leeza