My surgeon is leaving to go to another hospital

KayNYC
KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Last evening I got a call from my surgeeon's office.They called to notify me that my Doc is leaving to go to another hospital (downtown). Since I have my six month check-up scheduled for the end of Sept with her, they called to let me know she will not be available. They asked if I wanted to follow her to the new hospital or accept a referral to one of the other docs on staff. Now I don't think that this is one of those easy decsions that can be made on the spot.I don't know any of the other docs and I am not willing to have my six month follow up with a new doc. I requested my follow-up earlier in Sept and they were able to schedule an appt for Sept 8. I also need to talk to her about the increasing number of little cyst like lumps I am feeling between the incision and my axilla. Hoping these new lumpy bumpies are just part of my cystic breast situation. Not sure what my "normal"is anymore. The little cyst like things seem to come and go, at times with tenderness.Guess I will have to check into the transfer of my case and get recommendations from my other medical providers. What a bummer.
K

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    My surgeon moved also,
    My surgeon moved also, luckily just across the street. I went with her. i went to a lot of trouble to get her so I'm keeping her.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I know what you mean. 6
    I know what you mean. 6 months isn't very long after treatment. We moved two years after treatment so I was more at ease with switching. It's always upsetting to lose the one you were comfortable with.
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Marcia527 said:

I know what you mean. 6
    I know what you mean. 6 months isn't very long after treatment. We moved two years after treatment so I was more at ease with switching. It's always upsetting to lose the one you were comfortable with.

Different surgeon
    I understand. I went to the same surgeon for about 7 years to have cysts drained and punch biopsys. This last time they told me he had left. I loved him he was wonderful. I then went to another and here I am double mastecomy with implants. My new surgeon has NO personality but I feel happier and healthier. Change is difficult but not always bad. Keep an open mind