Bad Hair Day - warning big vent!!

Options
2»

Comments

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options

Hey, sometimes you just
    Hey, sometimes you just gotta vent and let it out. Certainly not healthy to leave it inside!! And that's why we're all here - to help each other out on good *and* bad days, including big vent days. And, hey, the worst day is when the hair starts coming out. You just can't prepare for that, it's a tough day. Glad you woke up the next morning feeling a little better, Heatherbelle! I hope your next chemo isn't too bad and you get stress free rest. ((Big hugs for you)) Thinkin' about you, girl,
    Emily

Talk about a bad hair day!
    My hair started coming out 4 days before my second round of chemo, had asked my husband to help trim off the back. I figured I could go the 4 days before I had to wear my wig. Well NOOOO he whacked the crap out what little hair I had left and there was no recovering from it. I called him every expletive I could think of!!! Of course the next morning it was a moot point I didn't have enough hair left anyway. While picking the feathers out of my teeth from all the crow I had to eat; I humbly apologized for being such an ogre!!!

Glad to hear you're feling better. Don't feel like The Lone Ranger, I'm sure some of have done worse!!

Keep the Faith, Edie
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Talk about a bad hair day!
    My hair started coming out 4 days before my second round of chemo, had asked my husband to help trim off the back. I figured I could go the 4 days before I had to wear my wig. Well NOOOO he whacked the crap out what little hair I had left and there was no recovering from it. I called him every expletive I could think of!!! Of course the next morning it was a moot point I didn't have enough hair left anyway. While picking the feathers out of my teeth from all the crow I had to eat; I humbly apologized for being such an ogre!!!

Glad to hear you're feling better. Don't feel like The Lone Ranger, I'm sure some of have done worse!!

Keep the Faith, Edie

cold hot i get it
    One minute I'm putting a blanket on next I'm shedding clothes. I look over at my husband and he has this grin on his face.

Sylvia
    Throwing her wig on the floor,omg if I worked with you I would die laughing. I'm cracking up just thinking about it. Whatever works for ya.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    So sorry
    So sorry you had a bad day. There's a thread here somewhere about a company that will clean your house. Someone will probably remember it.
    Just think, 2 down and 4 to go is 1/3 over with. Making up percentages and ratios about how much was left used to make me feel better.
    Come vent anytime. Hubby probably needs a little alone time, mine spent alot of time in the garage. As far as finances, you've got to adopt the "we can only do what we can do" right now attitude. Call and work out payment plans.
    Hope by now you're feeling better.

hugs to you
    marge
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Options
    xxoo
    Hi Heatherbelle,

Vent away sweet friend!

This is the place! Belly up to the bar and have a pink martini with me!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    We all have to vent wether
    We all have to vent wether we post it or not...its good therapy i believe. So glad today is a better day.
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Options

xxoo
    Hi Heatherbelle,

Vent away sweet friend!

This is the place! Belly up to the bar and have a pink martini with me!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

Heather...
    Here in my area (Tampa metro area, FL) I learned (too late to take advantage of it) that there's a group that does housecleaning once a week for women going through cancer treatments, and they do it gratis. It may be that they are cancer survivors themselves, or just great volunteers, but I was really blown away when I heard about the group, even though it was too late to take advantage of it for myself. You might check to see if there's something similar in your area.

For sure, don't hold those "vents" in....just causes more stress in the end! That's what we're here for! Hugs!