Need to talk to Anal Cancer Survivors who are Post Treatment.

Options
2»

Comments

• elaine26
    elaine26 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    mp327 said:

elaine26

Welcome to this group.  I'm glad you are done with your treatment and in the follow-up phase and got good news on your recent exams.  As for the blood, IMO, that would not be out of the realm of normal, given the fact that the skin in the anal canal is now very fragile because of any damage radiation may have caused.  I frequently bled with BM's for a couple of years after treatment.  I'm almost 10 years out of treatment now and rarely experience that, but for once in awhile, when I get constipated and have a very hard BM.  However, if you need peace of mind about this, you could contact one of your doctors and just let them know and see what they say.  Just a suggestion.  I hope all is well and I wish you continued healing! 

anal cancer

Thank you, I havent had any bleeding since january, this is new bleed.

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Still bleed

I'm over two years out from treatment, still no evidence of disease, and occasionally have blood in my stool, I also get bleeding from my vagina at times. Instead of a dilator about once a week I lube a plastic tampon with coconut oil and just swish it around to prevent total vaginal stenosis, and that always makes me bleed a little too.