Chenhart!!!! Call on you Reggie

lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tell him to get all the bears out and dance and put a spell on all the mean moms that will make them say kind things. They will go crazy!!! Im just kidding and im not making fun of anything. Just trying to lighten the sadness of sisters going through the mean mom things. Please dont get mad.
laura

Comments

• lolad
    And i
    know it is a real beautiful thing they are and do. Honestly. You are blessed to have him and that in your life.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    No offense taken~ I know you
    No offense taken~ I know you better than that! ((((hugs)))
    I too am disheartened by the seeming abundance of mean-spirited remarks and attitudes a fair number of our sisters are going through. I am so glad that this continues to be their safe place to land~we may not be able to change family dynamics, but we can be supportive and offer a listening ear.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

No offense taken~ I know you
    No offense taken~ I know you better than that! ((((hugs)))
    I too am disheartened by the seeming abundance of mean-spirited remarks and attitudes a fair number of our sisters are going through. I am so glad that this continues to be their safe place to land~we may not be able to change family dynamics, but we can be supportive and offer a listening ear.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

And we're walkin......
    This is my opinion but, they said God only gives you what you can handle, and being a nurse I just dont see that. I have seen some people shrink under their burdens, including myself. I think he/she(God) helps us and uses people to help and gives us the strength to deal with the life suckers. I feel so fortunate , to have great people in my life, encouraging telling me I look good. happy that I am doing better. It pains me to see people being mean. However it is their own process, and so you walk away. As my brother once said to me of people " your opinion of me is non of my business" We are in the unique position of knowing what really matters. this does not necessarily bring out the best in people. Unfortunately the people we love the most in life can let us down, but fortunately there are others to take their place.
  • lillith
    lillith Member Posts: 29
    carkris said:

And we're walkin......
    This is my opinion but, they said God only gives you what you can handle, and being a nurse I just dont see that. I have seen some people shrink under their burdens, including myself. I think he/she(God) helps us and uses people to help and gives us the strength to deal with the life suckers. I feel so fortunate , to have great people in my life, encouraging telling me I look good. happy that I am doing better. It pains me to see people being mean. However it is their own process, and so you walk away. As my brother once said to me of people " your opinion of me is non of my business" We are in the unique position of knowing what really matters. this does not necessarily bring out the best in people. Unfortunately the people we love the most in life can let us down, but fortunately there are others to take their place.

comment
    Love this comment. yes to: your opinion of me is none of my business. i no longer worry about what people think, go out with my new 1/2" hair and don't pay attention to them (i do put a fair amount of eye makeup on - love that stuff).
    I think also we aren't magically given "what we can handle", the universe just dumps down a load and we decide somehow to handle it or lay down and die. either option is OK.
    I guess my mean Mom toughened me up somehow. sometimes i laugh at her mean comments like, just out of the blue, "your fingernails are going to fall off." it was exactly how she talked to her younger sister, rather snotty and punching.
    my fingernails never fell off. haha back to her.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    lillith said:

comment
    Love this comment. yes to: your opinion of me is none of my business. i no longer worry about what people think, go out with my new 1/2" hair and don't pay attention to them (i do put a fair amount of eye makeup on - love that stuff).
    I think also we aren't magically given "what we can handle", the universe just dumps down a load and we decide somehow to handle it or lay down and die. either option is OK.
    I guess my mean Mom toughened me up somehow. sometimes i laugh at her mean comments like, just out of the blue, "your fingernails are going to fall off." it was exactly how she talked to her younger sister, rather snotty and punching.
    my fingernails never fell off. haha back to her.

LOL hysterical!

LOL hysterical!
  • lolad
    carkris said:

LOL hysterical!

LOL hysterical!

Chen
    thank you for not getting mad and i should have know that you wouldnt have. I just have to watch everything i say anymore. Im happy for those who have been able to move on and be strong. I am not able to move on yet im kind of stuck for the moment. But i am so looking forward to the day when i can get on with my life. I forgot to mention that the day before my surgerie, my mom told me i had to get someone to watch megan her grandaughter and my daughter who is 12. I finally found someone at 930 the night before. I am just so tired of having to live with her ****. She is just unbelievable. Im glad that i wont have to put up with it forever and will finally be free from all my dysfunctional family. How glad and happy i am that i didnt pick up on her illness and love my kids to death and forever. Wow, i just need it to be here tomorrow. It will happen i know. Just pray that i remain to stay calm and not loose it on her. I refuse to fight and argue with her or anyone, but its getting pretty close. Just keep me breathing and strong. And yes chen, i am so thankful i have you guys to come to. Man if i didnt, i would have lost my mind.

take care
    Laura