This is me with 5 months of new hair.

Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thanks for all the great
    Thanks for all the great posts. Hoping lots of hair for all of you too.

Hugs

Donna

Donna .. What a Beauty! When was you last
    chemo treatment? I had my last TCH December 18th .. and my hair is kinky . Top of my scalp is very curly .. my sides are bozo like ..

Our hair goes so quickly once chemo starts, and it seems like it takes forever to grow back .. maybe it's just me.

Happy Hair Growing ..

Vicki Sam
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Donna .. What a Beauty! When was you last
    chemo treatment? I had my last TCH December 18th .. and my hair is kinky . Top of my scalp is very curly .. my sides are bozo like ..

Our hair goes so quickly once chemo starts, and it seems like it takes forever to grow back .. maybe it's just me.

Happy Hair Growing ..

Vicki Sam

My last treatment was the
    My last treatment was the 26th of Feb. Mine is like baby hair. I have to moouse(sp) it a little and then it curls up. My sides are kinda straight but I am training them to feather back. I truly thought my hair would be down to my shoulders by now. Duh. Must of been my chemo brain.

Hugs

Donna
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

My last treatment was the
    My last treatment was the 26th of Feb. Mine is like baby hair. I have to moouse(sp) it a little and then it curls up. My sides are kinda straight but I am training them to feather back. I truly thought my hair would be down to my shoulders by now. Duh. Must of been my chemo brain.

Hugs

Donna

You look beautiful Donna!
    You look beautiful Donna! Thank for posting your pic!

Sue :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    You look amazing! I LOVE
    You look amazing! I LOVE your hair!!!! You must be thrilled to be able to touch your head and have hair to brush and style! WOOT WOOT!!!

We "old broads" have to stick together~ I will be 61 this month too! We rock! So there! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    You look great! And isn't it
    You look great! And isn't it easy to take care of? I've actually had thoughts about cutting mine!
  • BlownAway60
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

You look great! And isn't it
    You look great! And isn't it easy to take care of? I've actually had thoughts about cutting mine!

It is pretty much wash and
    It is pretty much wash and wear hair.

Hugs

Donna
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options

It is pretty much wash and
    It is pretty much wash and wear hair.

Hugs

Donna

You look awesome
    Not only your new hair but you look great. Enjoy the wash and wear.

marge
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    You Look Great
    Thanks for sharing your new hair with us. Hugs, Jean
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    lillith said:

yes
    Yay! hopefully, we can all look forward to looking so good.
    i am 3 months post-chemo but still only have 1/2 inch growth.
    did you take anything to make it grow?

Great pic!

Great pic!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I think your gorgeous
    And I hope mine comes back that pretty. I cant wait till I can run my hands through my own hair.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Your pic looks great!
    I'm 61 too! I've been coloring my hair since I was 40. Since being dx, I got it cut short and I've been letting the color grow out. Right now it's almost completely grey. I expect it to fall out next week since I had my first chemo 1 week ago. It will be interesting to see what our hair looks like after all is said and done. Five months is a long time though.
    Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Wow Donna now i can put a
    Wow Donna now i can put a face to your name instead of knowing you as the dancing girl...which by the way you look like you have the same dancin attitude with your new do!
    You look fantastic!
    You dont look like your 61...you go girl!!!
  • BlownAway60
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Your pic looks great!
    I'm 61 too! I've been coloring my hair since I was 40. Since being dx, I got it cut short and I've been letting the color grow out. Right now it's almost completely grey. I expect it to fall out next week since I had my first chemo 1 week ago. It will be interesting to see what our hair looks like after all is said and done. Five months is a long time though.
    Char

My hair fell out 19 days
    My hair fell out 19 days after my first chemo.

I used to color my hair when I was younger and single. Tried frosting it and even totally blonde. My hair does not do the wash in stuff. So I had to strip it and then color it. It grew back in to fast and you could see my roots after three weeks. So I reverse frosted it. Now that was a sight. When you reverse frost your hair and it is striped blonde you have to put the red back in first in order to end you with brown. Picture the frosting cap with all these long red hairs sticking out. Talk about Bozo the Clown. I almost peed my pants laughing before I got the brown back in. Needless to say I haven't colored it since then. It is what it is.

Hugs

Donna