cavediver

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How are you? You didnt feel well last tiime you posted.hoping you are so much better you are out having fun

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Yes, Miss Cavediver .. how you doing ???
    I hope GREAT, or trying to get back into the groove.... After your last chemo .. along with the many side efforts that you were experiencing ..

Let us Gals know...

Vicki Sam
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I was
    wondering too??? You were going for the Nupogen shots - how are you doing????
    Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Lets hope shes better and
    Lets hope shes better and just out having fun...maybe shes out exploring another underwater cave in the Bahamas or someplace tropical like that and just cant get to a computer to let us know how shes doing!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Shout out to Cavediver
    come out, come out wherever you are!

your pink sisters are missing you!

Ayse
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    I live!
    Sorry, I was still a bit of a mess. Finally the new meds onc gave me for throat worked...as of yesterday at least I can swallow without pain now. Still have severe intestinal cramping.........but tomorrow is the onc appointment and in theory the 7th chemo cycle. I have a long list of concerns and questions for onc. The neupogen shots were not hard on me.... I did have a low fever for the last 8-10 days though....but usually went up to 100.5 and then just under that............now it is staying pretty much at 99.5 So, me and my list go tomorrow to the onc and I will post update on where I am there. Even when my body is brought down to my knees, the wrist down seems to work ok,,..so I can surely keep in touch. Thank you all so very much for thinking of me...I was just so sick and could not get up off the lounge chair or bed for so long. Must say, even though the body is not happy, I am fine mentally........I am not depressed or anything...just concerned if this is doing any long term organ damage. I have not yet heard what the chest x-ray showed, but I do know I cannot take keep breaths at this time.
    More later after the Onc visit
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    cavediver said:

I live!
    Sorry, I was still a bit of a mess. Finally the new meds onc gave me for throat worked...as of yesterday at least I can swallow without pain now. Still have severe intestinal cramping.........but tomorrow is the onc appointment and in theory the 7th chemo cycle. I have a long list of concerns and questions for onc. The neupogen shots were not hard on me.... I did have a low fever for the last 8-10 days though....but usually went up to 100.5 and then just under that............now it is staying pretty much at 99.5 So, me and my list go tomorrow to the onc and I will post update on where I am there. Even when my body is brought down to my knees, the wrist down seems to work ok,,..so I can surely keep in touch. Thank you all so very much for thinking of me...I was just so sick and could not get up off the lounge chair or bed for so long. Must say, even though the body is not happy, I am fine mentally........I am not depressed or anything...just concerned if this is doing any long term organ damage. I have not yet heard what the chest x-ray showed, but I do know I cannot take keep breaths at this time.

Hey cavediver!
    Thanks for the update. We were all concerned. Hopefully, the oncologist will be able to give you some answers tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    cavediver said:

I live!

Hey cavediver!
    Thanks for the update. We were all concerned. Hopefully, the oncologist will be able to give you some answers tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • lillith
    lillith Member Posts: 29
    cavediver said:

I live!

stay well
    So glad you got back to us, stay well. it just seems your reactions to the meds are too severe. you are brave, i would not be able to put up with it. i'm also suspicious as to long-term-damage, hope you ask onc about that and hope he/she tells you the truth. i think i've heard on this board of docs way-downplaying the effects of the meds or outright denying the effects. that's dishonest and bad medicine.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    aysemari said:

Shout out to Cavediver
    come out, come out wherever you are!

your pink sisters are missing you!

Ayse

Searching for cavediver! I
    Searching for cavediver! I wonder where shortscake is too. Worried about her :(
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    cavediver said:

I live!

I'm glad you were
    able to get back to us. Sending good vibes for tomorrow's visit. {{hugs}}
    Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    cavediver said:

I live!

Awh cavediver i was so hopin
    Awh cavediver i was so hopin you were in the Bahamas exploring some underwater cave ...im sorry you were sick...i hope your onc visit goes well and you get all your questions answered. Keep posting!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    jo jo said:

Awh cavediver i was so hopin
    Awh cavediver i was so hopin you were in the Bahamas exploring some underwater cave ...im sorry you were sick...i hope your onc visit goes well and you get all your questions answered. Keep posting!

good to hear from you , the
    good to hear from you , the Bahamas would have been better, let us know how you are. now to hear from shortscake.
  • knitterjan
    knitterjan Member Posts: 20
    carkris said:

good to hear from you , the
    good to hear from you , the Bahamas would have been better, let us know how you are. now to hear from shortscake.

I'd rather be diving too.
    I'm also a diver, 594 dives mostly in the Caribbean, but nothing as brave and daring as you. I can't imagine going into a dark cave knowing I couldn't get to the surface. You have to have a whole of self-confidence to do that kind of diving.

My last dive trip was last October, but I had no idea it would be my last. (Stage IV mets to lungs, liver and bones.) Lungs are not in great shape right now, but I'm hoping to get that cleared up and at least snorkle. I really miss not be able to go down that wall.

I know you'll handle the cancer ups and downs with the same brave spirit you use in cave diving.
  • cavediver

I'd rather be diving too.
    I'm also a diver, 594 dives mostly in the Caribbean, but nothing as brave and daring as you. I can't imagine going into a dark cave knowing I couldn't get to the surface. You have to have a whole of self-confidence to do that kind of diving.

My last dive trip was last October, but I had no idea it would be my last. (Stage IV mets to lungs, liver and bones.) Lungs are not in great shape right now, but I'm hoping to get that cleared up and at least snorkle. I really miss not be able to go down that wall.

I know you'll handle the cancer ups and downs with the same brave spirit you use in cave diving.

good to hear from you and your attitude
    After more than 3,000 dives, I fear I might not dive again either. My last cave dive in March was probably my last. The chemo brain would not be acceptable, especially in caves when a moment's innattention or slow decision making could make the difference of life and death when one is 3,000 ft. into the cave. Also, I do not believe I will have the physical ability to carry the 130 lbs. of gear on my back through a jungle to the caves.
    So, someday, snorkeling in the warm waters of Mexico and the Keys might be the way I see the underworld again. It is okay.....we both have enjoyed the sport obviously and know there is more to life...just new adventures we will find! Good luck with your journey for now in the battle........and thanks for posting me. We will both find new joys in our lives I am sure. Hugs........
  • knitterjan
    knitterjan Member Posts: 20
    cavediver said:

good to hear from you and your attitude
    After more than 3,000 dives, I fear I might not dive again either. My last cave dive in March was probably my last. The chemo brain would not be acceptable, especially in caves when a moment's innattention or slow decision making could make the difference of life and death when one is 3,000 ft. into the cave. Also, I do not believe I will have the physical ability to carry the 130 lbs. of gear on my back through a jungle to the caves.
    So, someday, snorkeling in the warm waters of Mexico and the Keys might be the way I see the underworld again. It is okay.....we both have enjoyed the sport obviously and know there is more to life...just new adventures we will find! Good luck with your journey for now in the battle........and thanks for posting me. We will both find new joys in our lives I am sure. Hugs........

3000 dives!
    3,000 dives is a whole lot of getting wet. Can't imagine having to carry all that gear through the jungle to the caves either, even with a completely healthy body. You are a strong lady. Was this primarily in Mexico?

I had a lung biopsy last Thursday, easy procedure especially since I was given drugs. I'm waiting for the results, but suspect this was an infection of some sort. The shortness of breath is getting better by itself, thank goodness. I'm thinking about snorkeling again.
  • cavediver

3000 dives!
    3,000 dives is a whole lot of getting wet. Can't imagine having to carry all that gear through the jungle to the caves either, even with a completely healthy body. You are a strong lady. Was this primarily in Mexico?

I had a lung biopsy last Thursday, easy procedure especially since I was given drugs. I'm waiting for the results, but suspect this was an infection of some sort. The shortness of breath is getting better by itself, thank goodness. I'm thinking about snorkeling again.

glad to hear you are improving
    yes, snorkeling was something I enjoyed very much in the early 80's, pre-diving. I worked as a cave guide for divers from around the world in Mexico caves between October and March each year...so I spent a good part of my year there. I have thought of it alot lately.... I guess I used to define myself as a cavediver, now I must think of cavediving as something I did for many years....not WHO I am. Good luck with the lungs improving........... I am so very looking forward to getting through this chemo and rads journey and then trying to find a new normal life of other adventures I can enjoy.