Options
2»

Comments

• mjfromtx
    mjfromtx Member Posts: 49
    Options
    meena1 said:

You go girl! I am also
    You go girl! I am also stage 4 and we cannot bury our head in the sand, i do not feel too bad. Although, I have decided not to work this time through my cancer treatment. My doctor has me on disability until December, which my employer has approved. He feels that i need this time for my body to recoup. Also, my job can be stressful and demanding and i go for chemo every Thursday, and Friday i sleep. Plus, I have been having some side effects and there are so many doctor appointments, not to mention the phone calls. I do not know what i am going to do for another 4 months off work! I do feel relieved about the job situation though. I am hoping that my mind and body will heal during this time. Take care

work and chemo second time around...
    I am not sure whether I'm going to work this time. I did last time, but I feel more tired now, don't have as much zip as before, and my job is very stressful. I am going to talk to my onc about it when I see her Thursday and see what she thinks. I'm in a whole different place now with the new stuff. I just don't know what is best. I can go on disability in two weeks for short term then apply for SSDI and FERS (I'm a Fed employee) and would probably get it. With triple negative it is more aggressive at this stage and I am concerned I will need all my energy for battle, but work has been super supportive both last time and this time. I do have lots of other support too but they hold a special place for me. I work with veterans who are service connected disabled and help them find new careers and jobs. I love the work and have worked so hard to get this far! I'm not yet ready to let go of it, but am planning everything since all of the programs (SSDI, FERS) all take about six months to get through. I know everyone at work would support whatever decsion I will make. I also know they would donate leave to me if need be when I run out of leave in about two months.

Breathe, pray, rest, relax, smell the roses, one day at a time. MJ
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    mjfromtx said:

I am not sure whether I'm going to work this time. I did last time, but I feel more tired now, don't have as much zip as before, and my job is very stressful. I am going to talk to my onc about it when I see her Thursday and see what she thinks. I'm in a whole different place now with the new stuff. I just don't know what is best. I can go on disability in two weeks for short term then apply for SSDI and FERS (I'm a Fed employee) and would probably get it. With triple negative it is more aggressive at this stage and I am concerned I will need all my energy for battle, but work has been super supportive both last time and this time. I do have lots of other support too but they hold a special place for me. I work with veterans who are service connected disabled and help them find new careers and jobs. I love the work and have worked so hard to get this far! I'm not yet ready to let go of it, but am planning everything since all of the programs (SSDI, FERS) all take about six months to get through. I know everyone at work would support whatever decsion I will make. I also know they would donate leave to me if need be when I run out of leave in about two months.

WORK?
    MJ,
    Sounds like you really enjoy your work, I was just wondering if it would be possible for you to continue on a part time basis. I'm working 3 days each week and believe it helps me with my sanity!
    Yes, I go in tired some days but still think it's better for me. There's that feeling of accomplishment and worth. Until the day comes that I absolutely can't do it, I want to be there.
    FUNNY how that works, there were so many days in the past that I wished I didn't have to be there!
    MM
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    mjfromtx said:

I am sending you positive
    I am sending you positive thoughts, strength and prayers!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

MJ praying for you
    Praying that everything works out in your favor.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

I know you are scared MJ. I
    I know you are scared MJ. I am praying for you.

Hugs, Diane
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I am sending you positive
    I am sending you positive thoughts, strength and prayers!

Sue :)

Keep us updated!
    I say work if you can, it gets your mind off the Big C! God bless,
    Lorraine
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    meena1 said:

I am praying for good
    I am praying for good results, you seem to have a positive attitude and i believe that you will be able to handle whatever comes your way. I am also going through a reoccurence and it has not been as bad as i thought it would be. Take care

Praying for good results for
    Praying for good results for you too!

Hugs, Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

MJ praying for you
    Praying that everything works out in your favor.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

You are in my prayers too
    You are in my prayers too MJ!