Options
2»

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Bi*%h
    mssunshine don't let that negative, uncaring, selfcentered, money grabbing, dark cloud, Im a doctor and your just a patient bit#h cloud your sunshine. I would also make a report on her to the "suits" at the cancer center. Was she a good dr before? Arggg! I hate that kind of treatment. May a rainbow follow you now and forever. Katz

Jennifer
    You need to find out who is in charge of the social services department that works with the oncologist and report her ****. I have been mistreated by two oncs. One left because she transfered and i got this new one and eveyone was telling me how great he was. Well, our first vistit, i spoke my mind and told him i refused to be ignored anymore like i was with the other onc and i expect answers. It worked for one visit. I had abnormal bloodwork and the assistants covering for him because he was out with a new baby told me to come back to see him in three weeks and get new bloodwork. I did and i also was having bad pain in my low back both sides kidney area. Well, one of my numbers that was off in the first test was my creantitine gfr marker. It had droped alot and was at 97 and they told me 90 could be renal failure. He told me i just pulled a muscle in my back. I said i think its my kidneys and he said well, i think just a muscle we will watch it. I was so mad that i was getting ready to leave and forgot about asking about my bloodwork. The nurse first came back and said he will be over to talk to you and then came back and said its ok. Come in three months. My pain got so bad and i was close to surgery so i went to see my family dr and he said it was a very bad kidney infection. I got home and called that nurse and told her to tell him that he didnt take the time to listen and now i have this infection and i demanded to know what my blood work numbers were. She stoped at the first one she told me. My liver had raise up four more numbers and she said hum and hum and oh, when are you supposed to come back? She told me i had to be there at the end of august to get this bloodwork done again. In her eyes it shouldnt wait three months. So, now i was fuming. My dr will hear a scence from me. I dont give a damn what audience is around. I refuse to be put off anymore and if i have to go to his boss i will. This is the second dr to do this to me. Not anymore. Fight for your rights girl keep on them and make them do there job. I am now.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    First of all, give yourself
    First of all, give yourself a pat on the back for firing your doctor. You deserve better and I am sure you will find better. We Survivors go through enough as it is. You are the boss, you call the shots on this one, Babe! Good for you.
    BL
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Options
    One of the very first things
    One of the very first things I did when I was told I may have breast cancer was to change the clinic I was going to - the first surgeon I met with was unbelievable! After my appt with him, I headed straight to a different clinic and got all of my records transferred the very next day. It is one of the BEST things I have done through all of this. I can't imagine where I'd be today in all of this if I would have stayed at that first clinic. I have ended up at a clinic where I have wonderful doctors that I really feel I can put my trust in. THANK GOD! I agree - find a new onc - this is someone you'll be dealing with for follow-up over the years, I imagine. You deserve to have someone who genuinely cares about YOU.

Hope that you will find someone you really like!

♥ Lynn ♥
  • MOrtiz0810
    MOrtiz0810 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    so sorry
    That is so upsetting to hear that this Dr treated you with such disregard for your health! Can I ask you if this was your Onc, or your Breast Surgeon? From my own experience, my breast surgeon use to distance herself a lot and while she was a great surgeon, she had very little personality or charm....I still remember what she told me the day of my diagnosis, after having me wait for a week to receive my diagnosis, and I went into the office by myself because in my hopeful mind I thought that since she had me waiting for the results, I figured everything was ok. But, anyway, she told me that "I had a little Cancer", and she also gave me some misleading information, telling me that I wasn't going to need chemo after surgery! Then she decided to give me accurate information on my second visit and breaks the Chemo news to me! AAUUGH! talk about upset, but I tried not to show it because my mind was so focused on healing that I didn't want to think negative.

My boss said it best when I told her about my diagnosis, "When it comes to our Health, we must be our own leading health advocates. " So if you don't have the proper communication with your Dr and he/she kicks you out before you they can address your concerns, then you really need to look for a caring and accurate Dr.

Like a few BC family members mentioned, the Doctors work for us and if you are not getting the treatment that you deserve,then it's time to let them go.

I wish you all the best on this road to recovery :)
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options

so sorry
    That is so upsetting to hear that this Dr treated you with such disregard for your health! Can I ask you if this was your Onc, or your Breast Surgeon? From my own experience, my breast surgeon use to distance herself a lot and while she was a great surgeon, she had very little personality or charm....I still remember what she told me the day of my diagnosis, after having me wait for a week to receive my diagnosis, and I went into the office by myself because in my hopeful mind I thought that since she had me waiting for the results, I figured everything was ok. But, anyway, she told me that "I had a little Cancer", and she also gave me some misleading information, telling me that I wasn't going to need chemo after surgery! Then she decided to give me accurate information on my second visit and breaks the Chemo news to me! AAUUGH! talk about upset, but I tried not to show it because my mind was so focused on healing that I didn't want to think negative.

My boss said it best when I told her about my diagnosis, "When it comes to our Health, we must be our own leading health advocates. " So if you don't have the proper communication with your Dr and he/she kicks you out before you they can address your concerns, then you really need to look for a caring and accurate Dr.

Like a few BC family members mentioned, the Doctors work for us and if you are not getting the treatment that you deserve,then it's time to let them go.

I wish you all the best on this road to recovery :)

Thanks for your concern
    My oncologist. Yes she too has given me misleading info. She told me she wanted me to have a mastectomy. After doing the research, talking with numerous bc survivors, and talking with 2 surgeons, and 1 other onc. I decided on lumpectomy. After the surgery when I went to her for a check up she got angry at the surgeon. It was obvious she was mad. I should have canned her butt then. I'm glad I chose lumpectomy, no regrets.

I have found another dr. will call Monday to set up an appt.
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Blood is Boiling!
    Whew! I could literally feel my blood pressure rising as I read your post Jennifer! I think I would have slaped her! Seriously...she has no right calling herself a doctor! Unbelievable!
    No doubt, it's time to find a new one who actually cares about their patient!!

Best of luck on your new search:)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • krispatmad
    krispatmad Member Posts: 10
    Options
    sal314 said:

Blood is Boiling!
    Whew! I could literally feel my blood pressure rising as I read your post Jennifer! I think I would have slaped her! Seriously...she has no right calling herself a doctor! Unbelievable!
    No doubt, it's time to find a new one who actually cares about their patient!!

Best of luck on your new search:)

Blessings,
    Sally

Keep doing what's best for you
    The old saying goes people will continue to treat you the way you let them. Don't let this doctor or any other doctor treat you in such an insensitive manner. I walked out on one of my radiologist appts. He always had me waiting an hour or so. I was tired of it. One day I took off my johnny and just left. The nurses chased after me and I told them he had one minute to examine me. He came in and apologized and I let him have it. I then wrote on an evaluation how rude he was. Your story has made me only appreciate my awesome (like a friend) oncologist.