Stage IV with mets, are you in the boat with me??

Options
124»

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    spoonchek said:

One more thing....
    In case you missed this article please check it out as I find it very hopeful and uplifting for those of us in this rowboat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/health/27case.html?_r=1

It's about a 17 year stage IV cancer survivor.....still going along.....

Teri

Thanks so much for the link.
    Thanks so much for the link. Loved that article and I also believe that "there is no such thing as false hope: all hope is valid." What a wonderful outlook!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    spoonchek said:

One more thing....
    In case you missed this article please check it out as I find it very hopeful and uplifting for those of us in this rowboat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/health/27case.html?_r=1

It's about a 17 year stage IV cancer survivor.....still going along.....

Teri

Thanks Teri for the link!
    Thanks Teri for the link! And, I want to clarify one thing, no one fighting breast cancer is on the cruise liner, we are all in the same boat, and, it isn't easy for anyone, irregardless of the stage or treatment.

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thanks Teri for the link!
    Thanks Teri for the link! And, I want to clarify one thing, no one fighting breast cancer is on the cruise liner, we are all in the same boat, and, it isn't easy for anyone, irregardless of the stage or treatment.

Sue :)

Praying for you too Marsha!
    Praying for you too Marsha! Wish I could do more.

Hugs, Diane
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Praying for you too Marsha!
    Praying for you too Marsha! Wish I could do more.

Hugs, Diane

Dear all
    you are very brave and strong ladies. I admire your honesty and determination to win and beat this monster. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, providing your wisdom and optimism. While I understand that Stage I and IV have different life prospective your sincere and inspirational stories tell us that we all one step away from being on your boat. I hope you do not mind to get support from all of pink sisters, regardless the stage and treatment plan. I believe that new and effective drugs will be found and your treatment will be successful.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way
    New Flower (survivor of stage IIIC)
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Dear all
    you are very brave and strong ladies. I admire your honesty and determination to win and beat this monster. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, providing your wisdom and optimism. While I understand that Stage I and IV have different life prospective your sincere and inspirational stories tell us that we all one step away from being on your boat. I hope you do not mind to get support from all of pink sisters, regardless the stage and treatment plan. I believe that new and effective drugs will be found and your treatment will be successful.

I am praying for all of US,
    I am praying for all of US, no matter the stage, grade, treatment or anything else. We all need prayers.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Dear all

The "TIE THAT BINDS"
    Well said New Flower! Unfortunately we do have this "Tie That Binds" us together, regardless of the Stage or the phase of treatment that we're in. Obviously, it's not the kind of tie that we would seek, but rather have been thrust into this circumstance!

Now that I'm here, I will gladly accept support and encouragement, along with prayers from everyone. I would also hope to give the same whenever possible.

Onward together we go to fight the fight and spread the awareness that there is still work to be done. Wouldn't it be nice to think that sometime in the future there would be no reason for others to meet here because of this.

God bless us all. Marsha
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Babysteps said:

Pain between chemo and surgery
    I have not had a bone scan yet. In april 2010 I was dx with inflammmatory breast cancer with mets to the mediastinum and nodes.I had 4 mos of Taxol and Avastin.I have to be off Avastin 6 weeks before the mast.The pain in my affected breast lymph node area has been increasing since the end of chemo.My surgeon said some tenderness is to be expected.

So sorry for the pain you
    So sorry for the pain you are in babysteps. Praying for you.