Note to Buzzard

Cheryl Z
Cheryl Z Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I know how you feel when you say you hope for a primary cancer and not mets from CRC. My husband is also going through the same exact thing. Last year he battled stage 3 colon cancer. Three weeks ago he had a vats biopsy of the lung. The doctor told us the same thing. If it has to be cancer hope it is a primary and not mets. Well results were he now has lung cancer also. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30. They will do a complete upper right lobectomy. He also had to have PFT to make sure he would be able to function with this part of the lung being removed. It really stinks when you have to hope you have a new cancer just so you get the lesser of two evils. But like you and your wife we had our pity party and now he is ready to fight this beast again. I wish you all the luck in the world on your upcoming surgery.
Cheryl

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Thank you very much.........
    You know that it is a coin toss but to have the chance at just having lung cancer and not mets seems to be a sick thought but in actuality it will be a really welcoming sound to hear, yep the lesser of two evils. But the latter will be more susceptable to be removed and stay gone...I am hoping that mine is a rubber ball that I use to play with when as a kid we played jacks...Its about the same diameter. When in the grand scheme of things sometimes the lesser of the 2 evils may be counted as another small victory in this journey...I certainly if given that news will take it as a major hurdle passed. I take all advantage of every bit of good news I can get and embellish and relish it like I had just won a lottery.

As for you and hubby....I completely understand as well what you and he are facing and going through. take the small victory in that it wasn't mets from CRC, and use that as a fighting factor to do what you did with the CRC...defeat it...his removal of the upper lobe is major surgery as all lung surgery is but my surgeon told me that of we have been through colon cancer surgery then the lung surgery will be a cakewalk..well, guess we will see...its pretty easy to speak of cakewalks when you have never participated in one, but I think for now I will keep that thought to myself..I want him in the best of humor when he starts on me...I never invite trouble so I think that your husband with you as caregiver will do absolutely beautifully, as will my wife and I.....as well as Chip and luvinlife2...

I expect to see that all surgeries in the next few weeks as well as hubbys in the morning will give all a new lease on life and another leap in quality of life issues and take us well into our old age...we can only hope....and I sincerely think that this too will be some major bumps but just bumps in the road to recovery...I will keep good thoughts for all as we one by one smoothly get through these upcoming surgeries...

CherylZ....Tell your husband that Buzzard will be waiting for a complete post op post as soon as he is ok to let us know how he did...and also I want you to know that whether or not we tell all of you that do everything for us that go through this , that we know what you go through, we know that feeling helpless is never a good feeling, but we also know that to stand beside someone ever vigilant to assure they are comforted, as well as loved, is just something in a feeling that one can never explain. Its the greatest show of respect and love that an individual can have for another.......Love to all in the morning as well as upcoming weeks.........Buzz
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Buzzard said:

Thank you very much.........
    You know that it is a coin toss but to have the chance at just having lung cancer and not mets seems to be a sick thought but in actuality it will be a really welcoming sound to hear, yep the lesser of two evils. But the latter will be more susceptable to be removed and stay gone...I am hoping that mine is a rubber ball that I use to play with when as a kid we played jacks...Its about the same diameter. When in the grand scheme of things sometimes the lesser of the 2 evils may be counted as another small victory in this journey...I certainly if given that news will take it as a major hurdle passed. I take all advantage of every bit of good news I can get and embellish and relish it like I had just won a lottery.

As for you and hubby....I completely understand as well what you and he are facing and going through. take the small victory in that it wasn't mets from CRC, and use that as a fighting factor to do what you did with the CRC...defeat it...his removal of the upper lobe is major surgery as all lung surgery is but my surgeon told me that of we have been through colon cancer surgery then the lung surgery will be a cakewalk..well, guess we will see...its pretty easy to speak of cakewalks when you have never participated in one, but I think for now I will keep that thought to myself..I want him in the best of humor when he starts on me...I never invite trouble so I think that your husband with you as caregiver will do absolutely beautifully, as will my wife and I.....as well as Chip and luvinlife2...

I expect to see that all surgeries in the next few weeks as well as hubbys in the morning will give all a new lease on life and another leap in quality of life issues and take us well into our old age...we can only hope....and I sincerely think that this too will be some major bumps but just bumps in the road to recovery...I will keep good thoughts for all as we one by one smoothly get through these upcoming surgeries...

CherylZ....Tell your husband that Buzzard will be waiting for a complete post op post as soon as he is ok to let us know how he did...and also I want you to know that whether or not we tell all of you that do everything for us that go through this , that we know what you go through, we know that feeling helpless is never a good feeling, but we also know that to stand beside someone ever vigilant to assure they are comforted, as well as loved, is just something in a feeling that one can never explain. Its the greatest show of respect and love that an individual can have for another.......Love to all in the morning as well as upcoming weeks.........Buzz

Thinking about you and hubby this morning.....
    knowing all will go well......don't let the ventilator and all scare you...its simply protocol for lung surgery...it looks scary to the caregiver but it will be removed soon...we are keeping you in thought and prayer......love to you both....buzz