Skin graft

Menda
Menda Member Posts: 128
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had a double mastecomy about 5 weeks ago. I am healing beautifully except for one nipple and lower aerola. PS is taking the scab off in the hospital on tuesday. If there is pink skin underneath all is good. If not they will. Do a skin graft. What do I expect and what questions do I ask ?

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR NIPS???
    YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR NIPS??? I tried to keep mine but they wouldnt let me. Sorry i dont know anything about the skin graft...i just had to respond to this. Im glad you got to keep them and hope everything works out for ya so you dont have to have the grafts.
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    jo jo said:

YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR NIPS???
    YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR NIPS??? I tried to keep mine but they wouldnt let me. Sorry i dont know anything about the skin graft...i just had to respond to this. Im glad you got to keep them and hope everything works out for ya so you dont have to have the grafts.

Skin sparing
    It is called skin sparing. It is fairly new. However this is one of the complications. They could do this because there was NED yet. The cells were beginning to change. They found it really early b