AC-Rads-Taxotere

kakie
kakie Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok I just found out that I will be doing taxotere after AC and radation. I really am so glad you are all here.... I haven't see this cocktail on here...I thought they were seperate treatments. Anyone? You all have been so wonderful...love to you all

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Hi Kakie! I didn't take
    Hi Kakie! I didn't take chemo, but, I know someone will post more info for you!

Good luck to you!

Sue :)
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Usually, the chemo would be
    Usually, the chemo would be completed before the radiation, but I think if you put 200 Oncologists in a room together you would end up with 190 different regimens. AC-T is usually Taxol, but sometimes Taxotere. Taxol and Taxotere are supposed to be in the same family, but each has their own severity of side affects.

Bob
  • kakie
    kakie Member Posts: 38
    Hubby said:

Usually, the chemo would be
    Usually, the chemo would be completed before the radiation, but I think if you put 200 Oncologists in a room together you would end up with 190 different regimens. AC-T is usually Taxol, but sometimes Taxotere. Taxol and Taxotere are supposed to be in the same family, but each has their own severity of side affects.

Bob

Thank you Bob and Sue. What
    Thank you Bob and Sue. What a piece of mind knowing we came come here with any question, fears, support, even laughs..HUGS, Cathy