Hip, back & joint pain

Char258
Char258 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am two & 1/2 yrs. post Lumpectomy. I am currently taking tamoxifen & getting a Lupron shot once a month. I am just wondering if anyone else has pain, basically all over but especially in the back. What have you taken or has been suggested to take for the pain?

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Pain
    Char, we are on just about the same schedule. April 3, 2008 was my surgery date, lympectomy, chemo (TAC) and rads. On Tamoxifen. I have the same pain you described, hip, back, and joints. As I have also had problems with the drug Reglan, which caused me to develop symptoms of Tardive Dyskinesia, I have been on Hydrocodone for pain for the past two years. This helps, but doesn't get rid of the pain permanently. i take 10 mg every 12 hours. My onclogist has suggested I switch to Tramadol, which is non-narcotic. Will post if i decide to make this change. Good luck, and please make sure that your onc knows about your pain. There are many reasons for pain to develop, so make sure you keep your onc up to date on where nd when pain occurs...even if it seems minute to you. Good luck, and plenty of hugs your way. Judy