intermediate grade 1C cancer--what treatment is best?

Options
Jenkinselaine
Jenkinselaine Member Posts: 1
no lymph node involvement --radical surgery 1 month ago

invaded 3/5 of the uterine wall- but did not get out

what treatment is best?

would it not be best just to watch and only have radiation - if there were signs or symptoms later

Comments

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    Options
    About treatment
    HI: Of course, you know that no one on this board can tell you what treatment you should take. that is all up to you and your doctor. I had been diagnosed with Stage 1A endometrial cancer, did not spread but had total hyst. I was determined to do what ever my Doc recommended. I had six session of Carbo/taxil chemo, Doc didn't think I needed radiation. I am now in remission. So my dear I hope you can make the best decision. Be well and keep us informed.
  • bea-mil
    bea-mil Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Hello
    No one can tell you what to do. This is your decision. We can only share our experiences.

Unfortunately my cancer “went out” to the outer lining of the uterus (fortunately not spread anywhere else) and I still decided not to do the treatment offered by my oncologist. I was too afraid of the side effects of the radiation. I’m focusing on my healthy anticancer diet and some other alternative treatments. I’m in my fifth month after the surgery and every day I feel better. But also every day I ask myself if that was a smart and right decision? I don’t know that yet.

Doesn’t matter what decision you’ll make you will be asking yourself the same question after all.
  • daffygirl
    daffygirl Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Grade 1B - no treatment
    Hi,
    It will be 9 months tomorrow since my total hysterectomy and the surgeon I had did no lymph node biopsies at the time of surgery. He said my surgery was taking too long since I had a large tumor on the outside of the uterus. I was offered no treatment options only a wait & see. Had a second CT scan in July & it showed enlarged pelvic lymph nodes, which I only found out I had the same prior to surgery. My PCP states this is not normal. Still having a lot of pelvic pain and nausea. Although, my 3 months paps have been normal the pain & pressure is the constant. I was told on my post-op visit that he would rather not do radiation at this time since he said I probably would need to save it for later.
    Now,I am thinking about seeing a regular oncologist for a second opinion since things are just not feeling right. I still have pelvic swelling. My gyne thought that I had the biopsy and just won't say anything except see you in another 3 months. I feel so lost.
    I don't know what to do and I feel scared. Did I wait too long to see about this if something else is going on but when I see the doctors no one has the answer. My gyne/oncologist surgeon doesn't want to see you again unless you need surgery. If you go to his office for the paps it is done by his PA. I read all that I can on the boards to see if anyone else is having problems with stage 1B. Some people think you got it cut out so what is the big deal - the big deal is that you still have cancer!

Don't give up that's the most important thing and hope for the best.
    Take care.
    My prayers are with you and all of the sisterhood!
    Sharon (aka Daffygirl)
  • sue K
    sue K Member Posts: 18
    Options
    daffygirl said:

Grade 1B - no treatment
    Hi,
    It will be 9 months tomorrow since my total hysterectomy and the surgeon I had did no lymph node biopsies at the time of surgery. He said my surgery was taking too long since I had a large tumor on the outside of the uterus. I was offered no treatment options only a wait & see. Had a second CT scan in July & it showed enlarged pelvic lymph nodes, which I only found out I had the same prior to surgery. My PCP states this is not normal. Still having a lot of pelvic pain and nausea. Although, my 3 months paps have been normal the pain & pressure is the constant. I was told on my post-op visit that he would rather not do radiation at this time since he said I probably would need to save it for later.
    Now,I am thinking about seeing a regular oncologist for a second opinion since things are just not feeling right. I still have pelvic swelling. My gyne thought that I had the biopsy and just won't say anything except see you in another 3 months. I feel so lost.
    I don't know what to do and I feel scared. Did I wait too long to see about this if something else is going on but when I see the doctors no one has the answer. My gyne/oncologist surgeon doesn't want to see you again unless you need surgery. If you go to his office for the paps it is done by his PA. I read all that I can on the boards to see if anyone else is having problems with stage 1B. Some people think you got it cut out so what is the big deal - the big deal is that you still have cancer!

Don't give up that's the most important thing and hope for the best.
    Take care.
    My prayers are with you and all of the sisterhood!
    Sharon (aka Daffygirl)

Hi
    Last May I had radical

Hi
    Last May I had radical hysterectomy,and the tumour in my uterus was found to be grade 3, stage 1c. I then had chemo - carbo/paxil - followed by radiotherapy. Given the same choices I would do the same again, just to make sure that the cancer does not come back. However, my life is not the same. The after effects of the treatments have been quite severe. I now suffer a lot of pain and fatigue.
    It is an open choice whether to opt for the harsh treatments for cancer, but I am free of it for now.
    I hope all goes well for you. So many stories on this forum, so much comfort from others.
    God bless you all
    Sue
  • RoseyR
    RoseyR Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    sue K said:

Hi
    Last May I had radical

Hi
    Last May I had radical hysterectomy,and the tumour in my uterus was found to be grade 3, stage 1c. I then had chemo - carbo/paxil - followed by radiotherapy. Given the same choices I would do the same again, just to make sure that the cancer does not come back. However, my life is not the same. The after effects of the treatments have been quite severe. I now suffer a lot of pain and fatigue.
    It is an open choice whether to opt for the harsh treatments for cancer, but I am free of it for now.
    I hope all goes well for you. So many stories on this forum, so much comfort from others.
    God bless you all
    Sue

What kind of pain are you having?

Dear Sue,

What kind of pain have you been having--and to what treatment do you attribute it?

Just wondering.

Rosey R